sept mix

ok another mix done to day with a belting hang over!

to download go to here http://www.free.mixthemix.dj/mixes/glennk_sept_mix.mp3

or listin online at http://www.free.mixthemix.dj/

any feedback welcome!

September Tracklistings!

1. unknown - faith goes running

2. Kujay Dada - Young Hearts (Made In Ibiza Mix 2004)

3. Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam (2005 mix)

4. jupiter ace - when the music stops

5. Cirez D - Teaser

6. Michael Jackson Vs Bushwacka - Billie Jean 2002 (Bushwaka Mix)

7. Blaze Feat. Barbara Tucker - Most Precious Love (Dennis Ferrer's Future 3000 Mix)

8. Einmusik - Jittery heritage (MLK accepella)

9. deux-sun_rising_up_(main_vocal_mix)

10.lil love - little love

11.J.D.S. - jump around

12.nic_chagall_pres_encee-i_dont_know

13.york_feat_angelina-iceflowers__mac_lane_remix

14.h.o.t._-_house_of_trance

15.jowan-pt-78-pulse

16.blanc dialbo - absalute control

17.That Mucho - Dont Snare At Me

18.v traxx - subway 26 (dj HS remix)

Number 8 is just me throwing the accepella in my self! Attempting to scratch!

AS I've posted on Jules board.....

Not bad overall mate, but

In reply to:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmusik - Jittery heritage (MLK accepella)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

, that is blatently Judge Jules. The tune is ruined...

A good tracklisting, but also very similar to a Judge Jules. I have made similar mistakes myself in the past compiling tracklists using the big tunes the big guns are firing. You need to develop your own style etc. It is hard not to get tracked down using the top tunes - maybe incorporate a few rather than lots?

It looks like Jules mix cd on Judgement Euphoria!

Bit quick mixing out of Billie Jean when the vocals came in properly!

Gotta love you messing about with MLK acapella!, i'm forever fooking about with acapellas myself ha ha.

Nice selection of stuff. nice flow.

Ecah to their own but if somone does a mix very similair to what everyoene lse is/has been paying and tgheir happy with doing that then so be it, if its a true reflection of what they are currently liking/playing loads then I can't see any harm in it.

I kind see the induvidulist comment to it also, my mixes are far and few between as I'm always trying to come up with stuff tyhats a mixture of old and new and make the mix something to come back to a lot, another thing being I'm not half as upfront as I used to be, I've done a few mixes of upfront only stuff and didnt see it as me at all really.

Random ramble over! aologies to Glennk for spoiling thread if need be! :oops:

Im not slating in any way.

Over the years I have pieced together demos and tried to send them out to individualist etc. I have had comments saying they may aswell book Jules etc.

Of course its nice to put together a mix demo with all the big guns in there etc. But if you want to get recognised, you gotta create your own thang!

But fair play mate up there, the T/L looks tidy :lol:

Yeah not a bad mix actually! I quite enjoyed it.

Agree though with Aza's comments about developing your own style, finding those unusual tracks that really make it your own and creating that atmosphere that is truly yours. :wink:

AS I've posted on Jules board.....

Not bad overall mate, but  

In reply to:

Einmusik - Jittery heritage (MLK accepella)

, that is blatently Judge Jules. The tune is ruined...

A good tracklisting, but also very similar to a Judge Jules. I have made similar mistakes myself in the past compiling tracklists using the big tunes the big guns are firing. You need to develop your own style etc. It is hard not to get tracked down using the top tunes - maybe incorporate a few rather than lots?

It looks like Jules mix cd on Judgement Euphoria!

Fair comment. I threw the accapella in just to see what ppl though in general. I have posted the mix on several boards not just music specific ones, some ppl love it others that are in to music/dj aren’t to keen. Maybe it’s not a good idea to throw in on mixes, though doing it live seems to get a good reaction. Ill just have to learn how to scratch.

I know that the music I play is also played by Jules. I am happy enough with this. I am not into hands-in-the-air trance! Harder bouncier stuff that Jules plays. Yeah I listen to other djs and listen to music but most of it don’t do it for me.

Bit quick mixing out of Billie Jean when the vocals came in properly!

Gotta love you messing about with MLK acapella!, i'm forever fooking about with acapellas myself ha ha.

Nice selection of stuff. nice flow.

Ecah to their own but if somone does a mix very similair to what everyoene lse is/has been paying and tgheir happy with doing that then so be it, if its a true reflection of what they are currently liking/playing loads then I can't see any harm in it.

I kind see the induvidulist comment to it also, my mixes are far and few between as I'm always trying to come up with stuff tyhats a mixture of old and new and make the mix something to come back to a lot, another thing being I'm not half as upfront as I used to be, I've done a few mixes of upfront only stuff and didnt see it as me at all really.

Random ramble over! aologies to Glennk for spoiling thread if need be!   :oops:

It was the 1st time I’ve played that choon, it goes on for 11odd min. didn’t really kick in to were I started to mix so fluffed that 1 up.

Some of my monthly mixes have been hard trance with a few techno number in that eddy h plays. Others have been really funky house with head kandi style just depend on what mood I am in.

Thanks for the feedback ppl. Appreciate it. Can only make one better!

Yeah tahts the thing with that Billie Bushwacka un baiscally a nice faff about with diefernt extras n that for like 5-6 minutes and then then when the song kicks in its billie jean as it was originally-also I niticed on the one sider I have the volume goes down at that bit too, annoying having to remember to up the gain at the right point!

Acapellas always good for house mind!

Lol - dont let that put you off mate.

I once mailed Jules about how to get my sort of "THANG" going. He suggested me to use accapella's. I do occasionally throw some every so often, but you gotta use some that peeps etc aint really heard of.

Archived