Top of The Pops

thirddrive

Was thinking the other day of dance acts who have appeared on TOTP in recent years - I can remember seeing Push do The Legacy, Hi Gate ( i think twice, Pitchin and I can Hear Voices) and also Azzido Da Bass - Dooms Night complete with giant speakers. ooh and Cosmic Gate and Storm too!

Obv, going further back in the day plenty of other acts have been on there. I can still remember seeing Robert Miles sitting in front of Computers and keyboards performing Children. And Sasha and Maria doing 'Be As One'!

Did anyone else see these too?

I remember Hi-Gate on there doing "Pitchin" quite a few years back - Jules looked as if he was operating a mass of electronic equipment which they clearly didn't need but the performance was fine if I remember!

Those TOTP2 shows they do every so often, I look back at the acts in the late 1980s and there a glimmer of recognition in my brain about them despite what my age would have been - probably those hilarious colourful spinning screen effects they often used when changing camera shot, the really budget backdrop some sets had, and the ever-enduring image of bands with their Roland synthesizers pulling out some really basic but wacky electronic sounds, much to the delight of their German friends. :D

Loved every pet Shop Boys appearance! always different.

yeah you're right! I remember in '96 or thereabouts they had those flourescent pink and yellow coned hats on, and the disco glasses, absolutely bizarre! And Chris Lowe would never smile, he would always be on that synthesizer staring straight ahead :D

Archived