JulesR1 19/01/08

JasonB

Paul Webster - Engaged

Will Atkinson - Showoff (White Label)

DJ Mog & Phil Crafw Pres. Tatoe & Groove – Scorpion (Ego)

Sia - The Girl You Lost [sander Van Doorn Mix] (Doorn)

Matt Darey On The Phone

3 Track Mix

Will Atkinson - Perpetual Sunrise (White Label)

Andy Duguid Feat. Leah - Don’t Belong [Phynn Mix] (Black Hole)

Nu Nrg - Last Experience [Digital Nature Mix] (Monster Tunes)

John 00 Flemming On The Phone

JJ - Could Be Love (White Label)

BK/Lee Haslam/CJ Bolland - Daddy’s Stoned (White Label Bootleg)

Brian Yeager - Luv Dat [Chris Bohn Rmx] (Atel Records)

Mr. Sam from Mojado On The Phone

Mojado – Morfo (Magik Muzik)

3 Track Mix

Ernesto & Bastian - Thrill (High Contrast)

Skunk Anansie – Brazen (Weep) (Richard Durrand Remix) (New State)

Lemon & Eimar K – Anticipation (Flashover)

Randy Katana & Mac Zimms - 2 In 1 (Spinnin’)

Jonas Steur - Level Up (Marcus Schossow Mix) (Black Hole) (Cont.)

Rob Tissera On The Phone

Gareth Emery - More Than Anything [Richard F Mix] (Five Am)

Kaliber Feat. Elodie - Is This For Love (Toolroom)

Dale Corderoy - At Night (Mondo)

Humate – Love Stimulation (Deviant)

Deadmau5 – Faxing Berlin (Ross Fm Mix) (Mau5trap)

D-6 - Very Exactly (Oxygen)

Lange – Songless (New State)

The Recovery Record – John Dahlback’s Choice

Pat Metheny – Always & Forever (Geffen)

Jules says Brazen weep is a bootleg, yet for tiesto dance anthem show it was listed seemingly as a legal release, anyone know more?

Looking at Tiesto's tracklisting it's listed as Skunk Anansie "Brazen Weep" (Richard Durrand Remix ) whereas Jules's tracklisting (above) just lists it as Richard Durrand "Brazen Weep" (White label) . I will try and listen to both of them later today to see if there is any diffence between the two tunes and let you know.

I recorded Jules's show last night onto my MP3 player and listened to some of it whilst getting ready for work this morning. Will listen to the rest this afternoon. Also l recorded some of Tiesto's show last week so will liten to that again. thought his show was pretty good.

It really made me laugh when he mentioned again that he isn't a "talking" DJ

Also l recorded some of Tiesto's show last week so will liten to that again. thought his show was pretty good.

It really made me laugh when he mentioned again that he isn't a "talking" DJ

lol, I didn't realize he said it again! I did hear him answer a 'question' near the beginning so he was able to basically say he's done everything so he doesn't have favourite events in the world where he hasn't already played... sounded a bit boring really !

I did hear him answer a 'question' near the beginning so he was able to basically say he's done everything so he doesn't have favourite events in the world where he hasn't already played... sounded a bit boring really !

He's seriously going the Oakie way. Time to give it up me thinks

I fully think that a DJ can get too big. Once you start going down the solo arena event type shows then I think your on a slippery slope downhill. It's a sign that they think they're too big to play in events with other DJ's. Tiesto has done the Olympics opening party and his solo 'concert' in Holland. Can you imagine Jules sat in a little box at the Olympics playing his own tracks one after another? Tiesto has a wicked reputation but personally I think this is mainly based upon his sets from 3 or more years ago. His productions in recent times haven't been jaw dropping recently either. 'Break My Fall' was a good track but it was the Airbase and Durand remixes that caused the interest.

Once you get to that sort of status it c**ks up your ability to play in clubs. Everytime a DJ of that status plays in a club the lineup is all about them (if that makes sense) and the other DJ's on the bill have to be inferior as not to upstage them. You can't see Tiesto playing at Gods with Armin as there is no doubt that Armin would play the better set. Last time I saw Tiesto at Gods granted he played a good set but the other DJ's before him were a bit disappointing and it was only Eteson, who played after him, that flew the flag for the lesser names. The start of his set was a total yawnathon but it picked up after a bit.

After listening to Skunk Anansie "Brazen Weep" Richard Durrand Remix) played on Dance Anthems and then listening to the version Jules played it would appear that they are the same version/mix. Also Tiesto said it was an old tune done by Skunk Anansie and remixed by Richard Durrand so l reckon Jules's tracklisting needs correcting.

Listening to Jules's show again l heard him mention that some of his R1 shows will be live with a live crowd too (in a club) which is good news, can't wait. thumbs -up.

Seems we have lost the "thumbs up" emoticon and have gained some new ones.

Any chance of having the "thumbs up " uploaded again please..............................?

Listening to Jules's show again l heard him mention that some of his R1 shows will be live with a live crowd too (in a club) which is good news, can't wait.

That sounds interesting, Chrissie. It will never be the same as the old Friday shows, but a revival of live shows is superb

:)

I also heard him mention the R1 Ibiza weekend for this year as well. After the schedule change, I wasn't sure if there would be one at all due to there being no dance shows Sat & Sun.

I'm glad the Ibiza weekend will live on! :winkthumbsup:

It's going to be a week earlier this year; 1st, 2nd and 3rd August.

Archived