I've been baaaaaaaad!

Briggsy

Hmmm well i've been mega busy at work recently - and the opportunity of overtime has come up for the first time in about 7 years. I decided to do put a lot of hours in to, supposedly, get some extra cash for my holiday to Turkey in May - however, i've been baaaaad! Instead, i've just bought the parts to build a new PC because mine is approaching three years old now and is a bit slow at processor-hungry tasks such as graphic and music editing.

For the bargain price of £280, i've just bought myself an Intel Core 2 Quad processor (the 3rd fastest around at the moment), a brand new motherboard which supports 32 and 64 bit processing with 4x SATA 2 drives, 10 USB 2 ports, an Nvidea graphics card built-in, and 3mg Corsair DDR2 ram. The processor and motherboard have over-clocking options too, which could boost my processor to a quad core 4ghz processor if I decide to go down that route.

The above set up would have cost £740 from PC World - but Ebuyer kicks ass - i've got the lot for £280 (inc free delivery!!)

If anyone custom builds PC's on here, shop around - Ebuyer.com seem to be the cheapest by far!

Anyway, it looks like more overtime to pay for that holiday..... :whistling:

i'm a bitch for that sort of thing too. I'm trying deperately to save up a deposit for a mortgage, but there's always something i want...new laptop, new car, new stereo etc etc. At this rate i'll end up doing a shared mortgage cos i just cant seem to save very quickly!

I'm having to sort a mortgage asap too and it sucks. Makes me feel really old but I'm wasting so much money renting. I know I'm getting older and don't feel a day older than 18 but even still, mortgages are for oldies :( .

i'm fed up of house-sharing, i took this route as it's cheaper than renting a whole house. I just want my own place. I see a Mortgage as a good thing, i wish i got one when i was 18...id have only paid about 70K for a house...

The basic way to describe it is like giving your pc steroids, if you give it too much it will probably die, especially due to 'overheating at the gym'

But get it right and all the judges at the show off competition will be impressed, as it will 'perform' better.

I love coming out with this crap :D

I've never asked my PC to 'perform' for me. Usually I ask the wife, but now she'll have to WAIT!! :pirate:

That's another good thing about PC upgrades - you can make your PC work harder, for very little effort just by upgrading to a better quality, and silently operating fan - for around a tenner.

Unfortunately, to make a woman work harder, you have to pay more than a tenner, and they still don't run silently - in fact, they usually become louder :oddcake:

Also, when your PC's components start to look a bit worn and aged, you can replace them. When a woman starts to look a bit worn and aged, we have to put up with it.

Unfortunately [women] still don't run silently - in fact, they usually become louder :oddcake:

I have no problem with loud women, at the right times :) But I'm not getting married for a long time yet, especially as my girlfriend might now be sent back to her country of origin (Australia) :(

I have no problem with loud women, at the right times :) But I'm not getting married for a long time yet, especially as my girlfriend might now be sent back to her country of origin (Australia) :(

which girlfriends that then Tim? :huh:

Archived