Ryanair's 'Hottest' Ad

bigsteve

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/jan/3...&feed=media

Basically Ryanair put out an ad showing a model in a schoolgirl's outfit to advertise their 'Hottest' fares.

Then the ASA try to ban the ad, thus giving more publicity to Ryanair. Newspapers and websites have kindly included the ad in all their stories.

What a wonderful marketing campaign all round :thumbsup:

btw, when I saw it in Metro this morning, they had even included the bargain fares and routes available!!!

I love the banter between Ryanair and the ASA:

The airline also disagreed that the ad had sexual connotations, stating that it was "obvious" the image was of a woman. Ryanair added that the fashion was "of the type of clothing that was fashionable among young women in the UK".

The ASA said that the model's clothing together with the setting in a classroom "strongly suggested she was a schoolgirl".

It's a farce really because Ryanair have said they will wilfully disobey any ruling made against them by the ASA, because they claim it is essentially "censorship". I think they're well on the way to a hefty fine too, but as Steve said, it's created a story already in itself. Wonderful marketing.

Archived