what style is jules?

whos_this_guy

Ok after near geeting the s*** kicked out of me over MR judge jules, I ask yous what style/gener* would you call him?

story goes

was out last night. in the chipy after and some 1 heard me talking about catching jules on saturday.

i said ahh cant wait hes class

he said hes fooking s*** dont wasted ur money

ahh hes class!! banging trance all night mate

he laughed saying. you know nothering about miusic then

i fired him a look then said im not going to argue turnned my back to him.

then the fluffer pushed me. told me not to turn my back on him.

so the funny fooker i am i said is it ok to turn round to face ya. every fooker laughed which pissed him of.

then he said wanna take this out side

i said well im hardly goignto eat me chip in here.

and with that i walked out and walked of on him with him shouting abuse up thre street to me

He plays a mixture really of house electro breaks trance and techno really.

Did that guy mean Julkes doesnt play banging stuff all night?!!! a usual set from Jules club wise consist of trance basically??!! that guy was a right fool by the sounds of it guv.

The thing is, unfortunately Dance music in general has always had a deeply attached stigma, which, as we all know, has never given the music a popular image for those not 'in-the-know'. We also understand that the deep fragmentation of the genre has given rise to a number of alternative musical branches - offshoots if you like - that makes dance such a diverse musical taste; in it, there are tunes we love, and tunes we hate, yet it's sieving through the matter to find the tunes we love, refining our taste, that makes it so worthwhile.

Thus the above, coupled with the fact that Jules has had to accomodate a huge amount of commercial burdens over the years, results in unpopular views for those who are not connected to, or follow, the scene. People on this board are not saying he is the number 1 DJ in the world, just that we thoroughly enjoy and appreciate what he does now - and especially what he has done in years gone by. I know you can't take these things too seriously, but as I said before, people have short memories.

And remember Jules has always been the DJ people love to hate. :D

So I think you handled the bloke in the chippy quite well mate - can never go wrong with a bit of humour, which is something he seemed not to have at the time, probably through having drunk too much anyway on a Bank Holiday weekend. :retard:

I whole heartedly agree with Tim`s comments, Judge Jules does get an enormously unfavourable amount of bad press from some quarters, but this is ill conceived. Judge Jules is for me someone who broke me into Trance that I love. Without question his major critics are clearly jealous of successful people, and that is what he is. I have seen Judge Jules a few times in various clubs and has always delivered the goods - that means entertaining the crowd. For me it`s not about his style anymore - he is a superstar dj and will always be to the end of .....trance.

If I was in the chip shop, I would have just said - he did it - you didnt ( :wink: then run for my life).

Without question his major critics are clearly jealous of successful people, and that is what he is. I have seen Judge Jules a few times in various clubs and has always delivered the goods - that means entertaining the crowd. For me it`s not about his style anymore - he is a superstar dj and will always be to the end of .....trance.

If I was in the chip shop, I would have just said - he did it - you didnt ( :wink: then run for my life).

Well said Alf. :thumbsup:

Archived