Gatecrasher Summer Sound System 2008

tagformessageboards.jpg

Saturday 24th – Sunday 25th May, 2008 / Turweston Aerodrome, Northamptonshire

Festival Fever Mounts as Gatecrasher Mark 20 Years Of Acid House With Electronic Heroes Past and Present

***FULL LINE UP ANNOUNCED***

NEW ACTS:

JUSTICE / PAUL OAKENFOLD / PENDULUM / ARMAND VAN HELDEN / ANNIE MAC / BLACK GHOSTS / SINDEN & HERVE / LUCIANO / MEAT KATIE / DIGITALISM plus many more…

PLUS HEADLINES SETS FROM

THE PRODIGY / THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS / CSS / DIZZEE RASCAL / SOULWAX NITE VERSIONS / SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO

TICKETS NOW ON SALE FROM www.summersoundsystem.com

Not content with securing two of dance music’s most heralded live acts in THE PRODIGY and THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS, Gatecrasher have just announced the full details of their May Bank Holiday Weekender; and it truly is one of the most colourful celebrations of contemporary and retrospective dance music the UK has ever seen. Falling in the year that sees acid house turn 20, Gatecrasher has lined up a weekend of non-stop celebration, combining the architects of dance music with the current crop of scene-setters.

Keeping Anglo-French relations at their very best, the Grammy award nominated JUSTICE, whose ubiquitous mix of Simian’s ‘Never Be Alone’ dominated dance-floors throughout the world, will be setting the stage alight with their dirty, driven, blend of rocking electro house. The malicious mix maestros are currently on a world tour with their bedazzling Christian light show and punk/dance ethic, which could turn any house atheist into a convert.

The line up continues with heavyweight artists a plenty. Heading back across the pond will be the mighty PAUL OAKENFOLD who will be delivering a riotous set of tried and tested anthems for the expectant crowds. With numerous chart hits and worldwide acclaim, Oakey has shaped mixes for the likes of Snoop Dog to U2 to The Happy Mondays and is now making a homecoming trip to an audience that has grown up, danced and educated themselves together with his meteoric rise to DJ infamy.

Antipodean noiseniks PENDULUM look to maintain their grip on world domination with the visceral juggernaut that is their incredible live show. Delivering earth shattering beats and buzz-saw bass, the five-piece drum and bass outfit have been destroying audiences across the world for the past two years, making them one of the Summer Sound System’s must-see acts.

Back on the deck-bound tip ARMAND VAN HELDEN will also be making a transatlantic trip to thump out his notorious blend of big beat, house and hip-hop, plucking some rare treats from his legendary record box. Shaping up to be yet another definitive moment in music, 2008’s Summer Sound System is leading the way for UK dance events and recruiting the cream of the current crop for this spectacular show. With UK club culture’s finest exponents including Annie Mac, Black Ghosts, Sinden & Herve, Luciano, Meat Katie and many many more, all ready to drop the musical equivalent of Valhalla, the scene is set for exceptional adventure in music across 2 days in May.

To contain theses hordes of wild dance and electro beasts, Gatecrasher has meticulously crafted 20 unique, individual stages to cater for each divine variety of dance music and all manner of festival goers, ranging from the main stream of the main stage to the classic Crasher arena that will feature a host of legends including Paul Van Dyk, John 00 Fleming, Mauro Piccoto and Hernan Cattaneo. There will also be the Hard House communion of Storm, the filthy grooves of the Cement arena, the illuminating Hardcore Heaven, the glitterball vibes of Dirty Disco and the essential 20 Years Of Acid House arena, which boasts a line-up that is a veritable who’s who of dance music legends. Industrious promoters and music moguls such as Northern Techo Monkeys DIRTY DISCO, ZANE LOWE and TIGA will also be hosting their own arenas whilst Metropolis and One Nation take charge of the urban flavours. The super cool Ed Banger label will be bringing a mêlée of French tech wizardry to the show with old favourites Hed Kandi and Fantazia returning for late night mayhem. VIPs can also look forward to the nostalgic sounds of Sean Rowley’s Guilty Pleasures…

Music aside, Summer Sound System will be upping the ante promising an unforgettable spectacle. Introducing Boutique Camping, to give proceedings the authentic festival feel missing from so many other dance events, a 24-hour market place, with gourmet food stalls and out of town shopping, plus an onsite diary room, supersonic fairground and an incredible feast of additional adventures. Facilities will be second to none with secure onsite lockers, plentiful cash machines, Ibiza angels to massage away your aching limbs and even karaoke for the wannabe starlets.

With a nod to the past and a foot in the future this will be the ultimate event for the discerning clubber and all round music lover. As the first major festival of the year it’s the perfect date to kick start your summer. A cast that crosses indie, dance and urban this is set to mark a new chapter for Gatecrasher and set the stage for their greatest ever show.

Event Information

Summer Sound System

Saturday 24th May - 4pm – 6am

Sunday 25th May - 1pm – 6am

Turweston Aerodrome, Nr Brackley, Northamptonshire, NN13 5YD

www.summersoundsystem.com / www.gatecrasher.com

TICKET OPTIONS

A limited number of early bird tickets are still available for just £105 (including camping)

Weekend Ticket (with Camping) - £115.00

Single Day Tickets - £59.50

Weekend VIP Ticket (including camping) - £155.00

Single Day VIP Tickets - £85.00

All tickets are subject to a booking fee

Online Tickets

www.gatecrasher.com/tickets

Ticket Hotline

08704 282726

FULL LINE UP FOR MAY BANK HOLIDAY

SATURDAY 24TH MAY

Live Stage

The Prodigy Live

CSS Live

Simian Mobile Disco Live

Does it Offend You Yeah? Live

Eddie Temple Morris

Crasher Arena

Paul Van Dyk

John OO Fleming

presents 00DB Live

Second Sun Live

Mauro Picotto

Menno De Jong

Mike Push

Andy Moor

Agnelli & Nelson

Dave Pearce

Aly & Fila

Riley & Durrant

Adam Sheridan

Dirty Disco Arena

Dave Clarke

Luciano

Vitalic Live

Gabriel Ananda Live

Josh Wink

Ben Simms

Justin Robertson

Dan Ghenacia

Matthias Tanzman

Clive Henry

Death On The Balcony

Matt Cooper

Skin Deep

Electric Stew

Digitalism Live

Audio Bullys Live

Annie Mac

Kissy Sell Out

Sinden & Herve

Switch

Bloc Party DJ Set

Radiocl**

D Ramirez

Tom Middleton Cosmos

Black Ghosts

Crookers

Hijack DJ set

PhoKu Sound System

Metropolis

Roni Size Reprazent

Adam Freeland

& The High Live

Bugz In the Attic Live

Dillinja & Lemon D

Krafty Kutz

Goldie

Mampi Swift

TC Evolution

Noisia

Ntype & Youngster

Cement

Pete Tong

Steve Angello

Sebastian Ingrosso

Armand Van Helden

Dave Spoon

Cassius

Laid Back Luke

Claude Von Stroke

Henrik B

Deep Groove

Cassette Jam

Streetlife DJ’s

Storm Presents

Yoji’s Tech Dance

Yoji Biomehanika

Rob Tissera

Scot Project

Lisa Pin Up

K90 Live

Kutski

Andy Farley

Paul Glazby

Ilogik

Amber D

Rodi Style

Garbo & Daley

Fantazia Arena

Jeremy Healy

Allister Whitehead

John Kelly

Tall Paul

K-Klass Live

Angie Brown Live

Slip Mat

Robbo

Ed Banger Live Stage

Uffie & Feds Live

Medhi

Busy P

Crazy Baldhead Live

Feds DJ Set

VIP Hosted by

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures is your

chance to ‘fess up. We all

have our secret indulgences that fill us with joy and shame

in equal measure and this arena will celebrate them.

SUNDAY 25TH MAY

Live Stage

Chemical Brothers Live

Soulwax Niteversions Live

Pendulum Live

The Whip Live

Crystal Castles Live

James Holroyd DJ Set

Zane Lowe Presents

Home Taping

Zane Lowe

New Young Pony Club Live

Simian Mobile Disco DJ Set

Evil Nine

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip

Glimmers

Foals DJ Set

Jaguar Skills

Devils Gun

Meat Katie

Alex Metric

Uncle Buck

Dan Greenpeace

Drum & Bass Arena

Dizzee Rascal Live

DJ Marky

LTJ Bukem & Conrad

DJ Yoda

Fabio & Grooverider

Freestylers

High Contrast

Shy FX

Skream & Benga

Clipz & Ben Wistbeach

Newham Generals

Plastic Little

Shortee

Prophecy & Steppa

Turbo Presents

Tiga

Erol Alkan

Boys Noise

Proxy Live

Matt Walsh

Thomas Von Party

Crasher Arena

Paul Oakenfold

Marco V

Guiseppe Ottaviani Live

Hernan Cattaneo

Christopher Lawrence

Marcel Woods

Matt Hardwick

Scott Bond

Ronald Van Gelderen

Alex Morph &

Woody Van Eyden

Simon Patterson (Dogzilla)

Hed Kandi

John Jones

David Dunne

Andy Warburton

Jim Breese

Corey

Sandy Turnbull

Bongo Dave

Laura on Sax

Hardcore Heaven

Hixxy

Sy & Unknown

Mark EG

Dougal

Cally & Juice

Kevin Energy

Joey Riot

Recon & Squad E

Brisk & Ham

Seduction

Scorpio

Pukka Up Outdoor

Bodyrox

Jon Fitz

Rob Wilder

Paul Wilkins

Miss Billie

Mr Stix on Percussion

VIP Hosted by

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures is your

in equal measure and this arena will celebrate them.

Guilty Pleasures is your

in equal measure

Fantastic! For me, I expect to be provided with my own four-poster bedroom in a castle (with a newly-filled moat), which will be filled with 16 beautiful maidens to await me, plus an array of swords and traditional medieval torture instruments (for decorative purposes only). That would be the start of my guilty pleasures.

and this arena will celebrate them

I would be overjoyed for people to celebrate this with me.

It's a hugh line -up.

Personally I think the dance festivals are going to die a death like they did a few years ago if they start trying to get too big for their boots. I only think they're getting so big becuase of the rise of this rubbish commercial dance music featured on albums like 'Clubland Extreme'. The people you see at festivals are made up largely of the sort of people you don't normally see in clubs, including out and out chavs. You can tell when you walk round festivals as they're full of wan*ers in Reebok classics blowing big horns all day.

Ireckon Global Gathering has been the one to revive this. Escape into the Park is a successful festival but it's not an all nighter so hasn't jumped on the bandwagon of running for a full weekend. Once lots of events like this spring up there won't be enough clubbers to go to them as they'll probably have already been to Global or vice versa.

I haven't been to a festival since Global 2005 and I have to say that I'm not that bothered. I just don't like the people that go to them really.

In reference to this years GCSS, do you think it's possible that they asked Jules & Eddie to play on the Sunday but Judgement Sundays clashed with it? I think it's very odd not to see Jules on a Crasher lineup of this size otherwise.

I think quite a few events have clashed with Jules' diary this year and this is the reason he is not playing. However, this could be a blessing in disguise as it will give other people a run at a big event whilst Jules is (hopefully) re-stocking his CD case :)

• 2 weeks later...

Prodigy / Chemical Brothers / Paul Van Dyk / Paul Oakenfold / CSS / Digitilism / Audio Bullys / Dizzee Rascal / Soulwax / Simian Mobile Disco / Tiga / Pendulum / Dave Clarke / Luciano / Armand Van Helden / Zane Low plus....Justice now confirmed!!

The Gatecrasher Forum is Back...

www.forum.gatecrasher.com

Bank Holiday Weekend 24th & 25th May

Turweston Aerodrome, Nr Brackley, Northants

Info – 08704282726 / www.summersoundsystem.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Crasherevents isnlt actually Dean - crasherevents is a few people and I am infact a lady so roll out the red carpet lol

Yes indeed!! I wonder how many other messageboards would do this for you? :)

377_CU_11-30-06_roll_out_the_red_carpet.JPG

May I also take this opportunity to say I love you.

l have to work on the Saturday so was thinking of going on Sunday. However prefer Saturdays line up to Sundays so will probably give it a miss. Sadly its been a few years since l've been to a dance festival due to work and l was hoping to go to one ot two this year but don't think its going to happen. :(

• 4 weeks later...

Archived