Drugs

Quadrant

What drugs have you tried?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I want to know people's drug habits. For privacy, you could vote now as theyre anonymous, but please comment in this thread if you have a view.

Personally I experimented a lot in the 80s, and loved it, but now I am quite anti... I think people these days have no diea of the dangers involved! Maybe I'm a hypercrite, I don't know.

Vote with your mice, sirs and dames!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only have the occasional drink (which is becoming rarer and rarer these days) - but never touched drugs.

One of my best mates died through drugs about 8 years ago. He was just 18 years old, and had been pretty much bullied into taking ecstasy. He suffered a bad reaction, and died that night at a friends house.

My mates girlfriend also used to take ecstasy on a regular basis - and now she suffers with blackouts and epilepsy.

I'm neither for or against drugs - I believe that people have a right to do as they please with their life. As long as their not inflicting any harm on others (such as bullying them into drugs, dealing drugs to the vulnerable, or thieving from people to fund a drug habit), then I don't mind what people do.

What I do dislike though is those that say "drugs aren't harmful if your careful" or "it won't happen to me" - all drugs come with risks, and nobody knows how safe they are. One mate isn't here to tell his story, and another will have problems for the rest of her life due to drugs.

Next time, it could be one of those people that said "drugs are safe if you're careful" or "it won't happen to me".

I've chosen to live a healthy lifestyle of rarely drinking, not smoking and not taking drugs - and hopefully that will keep me in good health for a long time :D

Uhhh, did anyone else tick 9 boxes? :mellow:

I was going to tick the last box too but only because I dunno what the hell I had in Ibiza 3 years ago.

EDIT: Quick edit cos I hadn't read the last 2 stories, if anyone read that it might sound rather inconsiderate. But I'm just being honest, deleted anyways just in case. Saying that I know loooooads of folk who have taken numerous drugs and are fine, but as you say, tis a risky business. I'd never take them for granted, but I know the risks involved, I researched a LOT before ever deciding, and don't regret a thing.

As mentioned its all down to personal choice and as long as your not effecting others or influencing them to do things they dont want to then fair enough.

I admit i have dabbled in most things like others on here probably have but one thing i have never taken and never will is Lsd, i dont know if others on here have or what experience they had but a girl in my school days had some and had a really bad trip. She could see spiders running from out of her wrist down her arm and into her elbow and kept scratching her arm trying to get rid of them.

In the end her arm was that severly scratched she had to have a skin graft.

Hence why i have stayed away from Lsd.

Yes some scary stories, we all have them I think. I believe people have experimented since medieval times and before with substances, but a lot of people do them for the wrong reasons now.

Without sounding too old, what is Ketamine by the way? It is something I have never seen, tried, or know anything about. I only put it on the list because it usually appears on websites and yet some people have voted... can anyone explain?

Without sounding too old, what is Ketamine by the way? It is something I have never seen, tried, or know anything about. I only put it on the list because it usually appears on websites and yet some people have voted... can anyone explain?

Animal sedative used commonly for horses. :nuke:

Thats what I always thought til I tried it, its in there, but its not what you would imagine. Thats like saying don't take any legal drugs because sulphuric acid was used in the process.

Its weird, very weird lol, and in my experience is very good for afterparties after taking pills and nothing else lol, No comedown or anything, and just takes the edge off the pills. No wonder I'm a qualified chemical engineer lol, all I ever seem to do is engineer chemicals :D

Lots of fun in moderation, but too much is madness.

Still though, don't even think of trying it if you're weak of mind lol. Although they must use an awful lot to tranquilise a horse, cos we went through a fair bit at afterparties in Ibiza last year!

One of the guys on that show 'Mock the Week' made quite a funny comment about drug use:

He said that the new craze seems to be to take an upper (class a) followed by a downer (weed etc) to take the edge off the upper. He said why don't people just take less of the upper in the first place? He then said it's the same as drinking a can of red bull followed by a horlicks! Strange perception but totally right.

I'm neither for or against drugs - I believe that people have a right to do as they please with their life. As long as their not inflicting any harm on others (such as bullying them into drugs, dealing drugs to the vulnerable, or thieving from people to fund a drug habit), then I don't mind what people do.

I agree, however when l was much younger l went around with a crowd who started doing drugs (at the weekends) and because l wasn't in the least bit interested in taking drugs they gave me a really hard time. I was in a serious relationship with one of the guys and one weekend we all went away to this empty manor house where they all took LSD and l ended up having to look after them all which was pretty scary due to them being completely out of their minds. It is something l will never forget and several years later one of the girls died after becoming hooked on heroin.

I did have a piece of Hash cake once but it didn't do anything to me. :lol: Eventually l broke up with my man as he had become violent and unpredictable and years later l heard that he was unable to father a child due to the LSD he had taken. He also smoked other substances too.

I did smoke ordinary cigarettes for a while but gave them up and now l just enjoy the occassional drink.

One of the guys on that show 'Mock the Week' made quite a funny comment about drug use:

He said that the new craze seems to be to take an upper (class a) followed by a downer (weed etc) to take the edge off the upper. He said why don't people just take less of the upper in the first place? He then said it's the same as drinking a can of red bull followed by a horlicks! Strange perception but totally right.

No, thats Frankie Boyle being funny as usual. To say its totally right is daft. I can assure you having some decent pills followed by whatever be it, weed, ket, a few beers is nothing like that.

I think he may have been taking the p***............ :thumbsup:

To say its totally right is daft.

I can assure you that I'm not daft <_< . Yeah I've had my fair share of drugs and ticked most of the boxes in the questionaire but that's nothing to shout about is it? If I could change the past I wouldn't have not taken anything but if somebody asked me, I'd keep this quiet as it's nothing to be proud of or boast about. You don't have to assure me or tell me what it's like to take drugs as I've got the t-shirt but as I said, why advertise that as if it's big and clever? I wouldn't have even admitted my past if you hadn't said that I'm being daft.

I'm not having a go mate, just trying to make a point. :)

No I'm not boasting either, was just commenting on your comment, no harm meant :)

I was actually more surprised than anything at the amount of boxes I ticked lol, and at the same time I wouldn't ever try and boast / push/ whatever, but at the same time I don't regret most of it.

I'm sorry if it came across differently mate :) Each to their own eh?

Archived