I-pod

Uberduck

Alright lads, good to be back on here! Missed me? Of course you have!! :lol:

Anyway..... Ive just purchased an i-pod mini (6GB) and in the process of transferring some of my CD collection onto it. My old mans mp3 player (not an I-pod) automatically names tracks if the computer is on t'internet but I cannot see if the I-pod does this? Cannot really be arsed searching through the help menu as its about as much use as a chocolate fire-guard. Any suggestions from fellow users??

Cheers. :wink:

Like i always say, i work in Notts where I dont have a PC available so therefore have to rely on visits back home to get my 'fix' as it were. Should have an internet connection in my place soon so will be able to show my face on here much more often. Dont have my decks with me either during the week. Its driving me up the wall but cannot do much about it at the moment. Should have it fixed up in the next month or so.

:D

Arghhhhh!!! Its the terrorist!! Ha, ha!

Ralph Wiggum is my hero. He's the best character on the simpsons apart from the obvious Homer and Bart. What an absolute retard he is. Makes me pis*s everytime.

He'd run a mile from the terrorist. There's a website dedicated to his crazy phrases thats well worth checking out if your ever feeling down.

Back to the I-pod theme.... Ive done what you said but nothing happens after it searches for it. I guess that means there's no listing?

Yes when you insert a CD whilst iTunes is running, it should try to connect to t'internet and search CDDB database and rename all the tracks on the CD for you ready to import onto your hard drive (I trust you have changed the import settings to 192kbps quality at the very least!!).

If it doesn't do that, go to Edit > Preferences...

and make sure on the General tab that "Connect to Internet when needed" is checked.

Good to have you back on board Uber, it's been a while! :al-j2:

That didnt take long to get to grips with the basics. Spent the first couple of hours banging my head againt the wall :wall: . Ha, ha!!!

Already got a few of Jules' sets on it and the pick of my CD collection. I was getting worried that the 6GB capacity wouldnt be enough but ive only filled 1/7th of it and have run out of imagination of what else to include? Obviously ive got stacks of CD's but being imaginative in creating an eclectic mix isnt as easy as it sounds. Tracks range from Jules@Gods to 'Happy clappers - Believe'. Some more obscure ones also and a bit of easy listening. Gotta order a FM transmitter for my car now as thats where i'd use it the most.

ive not got a clue mate - maybe its sum gay apple licensing law, u know how they are!

my mates got an ipod, he's gone a bit overboard on the accessories, got everything for the bloody thing - u'd think it was his pet or sumthing!

Archived