25 years since the 1st mix on TV

Judge Mental

LOL check out Greg Wilson explaining to Jools Holland what goes on when mixing :lol:

I think we should send that video to Paul Oakenfold, so that he can also learn what goes on when mixing :D

"Thats just a bit of scratcing he's doing at the beginning of the record"

Errr.... no its not, he's finding the first beat at the start of the record ready to cue up.

I think Eddie Halliwell's job is safe for a bit longer yet....

In relation to Paul Oakenfold's mixing capability, I recently downloaded one of them Perfecto on Tour Mixes from Paul,

Not only to be disappointed from his mixing ability but also but his tune selection, he still plays the same records as he did 5 years ago.

severely over-rated Dj in my opinion

I will check this link out

In relation to Paul Oakenfold's mixing capability, I recently downloaded one of them Perfecto on Tour Mixes from Paul,

Not only to be disappointed from his mixing ability but also but his tune selection, he still plays the same records as he did 5 years ago.

severely over-rated Dj in my opinion

I will check this link out

I agree 110% mate.

I commented on another board the other day that i'd heard Oakie at Global Gathering in 2006, and he played Fred Baker - Total Blackout and Thomas Bronzwaer - Constellation. I also saw him at Global in 2007, and again, he played Fred Baker - Total Blackout and Thomas Bronzwaer - Constellation + Grace - Not Over Yet. I saw him in Coventry in September 2007, and he played Thomas Bronzwaer - Constellation and Grace - Not Over Yet. I saw him at Turnmills in December, and guess what he played - Thomas Bronzwaer - Constellation. Oh, he also played Grace - Not Over Yet....

Its good to see his £8,000 DJ fee and his banquet feast rider (enough food to feed an army) is well deserved!

My rider's a couple of pints and book a taxi so it comes when I want to leave :D

Everything else is fun and a night out, thats enough for me :D

He must use a different taxi company from me to need 8 grand.

Oh aye, and never want to be paid for djing, keeps the ticket prices down and I can still do my day job. "Its meant to be all about the music, maaaaaan"

Archived