What mobile company are you with?

Quadrant

What mobile company are you with?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm fed up with Orange with their price increases and poor value for money, so I want to move. Just wanted to see where most people are and what people think are the best.

Thank you sirs and dames!

Im with O2 and have always been with them. And we must be talking 12 years i suppose and ive never had any problems including reception. My other half has always been with them too and always deals with them via the o2 website and she gets some cracking deals - have a look on there quadders :D

That's quite reassuring as every person I've spoken to has recommended o2 as well. They look more professional than all the others combined but I just wanted to see how people fare them and the others. Thanks Justin sir! You are knighted.

Been with Three for about 3 years now, never had a problem. When my phone broke they have a three day turn around policy which was cool and they gave me a new handset.

Pay £30 a month and I get -

1000 texts

300 mins

50 video minutes

50 picture messages

£5 download credit for games, music etc

Not bad really.

I've always been with Orange (9 years) but have a Virgin EQ tarriff which l don't really understand. They don't do that tarriff anymore because the calls are so cheap compared to their normal tarriff. I pay for all my calls and texts and receive a detailed bill every month which is paid by direct debit. I don't have a contract as such as l don't pay a fee each month, l just have to give a months notice if l want to quit. I've never had any problems with either Orange or Virgin.

People always say the coverage with 3 is crap but i've never had a problem really. I don't always get a video signal which just prevents me going on the net or making video calls but when I don't get one I get full normal coverage so that's not a problem.

Where I've lived i've had better coverage on 3 than orange.

Been with Orange, T-mobile and Vodafone, purely because I always lose phones etc, and can't really fault any of them except t-mobile, the coverage was crap up here.

Can't really comment on customer service for any of them cos I never needed it!

Bet my phone packs in tomorrow :( *touches wood*

I'm with Vodafone and have had great service.

I've still got my legendary K800i (bjorno ;)), which I had for free... I don't see the sense in spending £35 amonth on a tariff.

£20 see's me sweetly done; 150 mins (rollover), 250txts and stop the clock (after 7pm (weekdays) or all weekend - talk upto the hour and only 3mins of my tariff) - happy days :)

o2 is actually Spanish-owned now as it was bought by Telefónica quite recently, who dominate all the Spanish landline network (a bit like BT here). Quad - Vodafone are extremely popular across Europe and are an absolutely massive British company, one of our most successful exports! Orange is French (eergh!), and T-mobile is German I think... I'm a massive fan of buying just the sim cards and then getting the phone you want and looking after it... I'm sure it's cheaper.

When I'm in Spain, Telefónica - who trade by another name called Movistar (don't ask me why!) - have the best coverage but are pricey for Spain, so I used to get a sim card from AmenA until Orange bought them last year and messed up all their tariffs and made them expensive. Now I always buy a Vodafone Pay & Go sim card which is very cheap.

When I'm in England, my normal phone is on o2, whom I've been with for a while now and am very happy. I bought a great Nokia 6060 in Spain sim-free and I slot whichever sim card I like in. o2's Online Pay-as-you-go was excellent value for texting in the old days but I've changed now and my current o2 deal is "o2 Simplicity 25":

Unlimited texts

Unlimited calls to UK landlines

Unlimited calls to o2 mobiles

600 minutes to anyone, anytime minutes (to UK numbers only)

£25 a month

Yes, I have to buy a new phone myself when I want a new one, but I go through them so slowly I think I can't complain! :D

I'm with O2 and have been since 1999. Can't fault them to be honest. I am due for an upgrade soon and expect a wealth of extra minutes, txt's, t'interweb access etc.

I had a new deal last year but were a bit cheeky and first and didn't offer me anything extra. I left them waiting until about two days before the contract was up and then asked them what I'd get. New phone, extra mnutes & txt's came flooding in. At the time they didn't give t'interweb access as freely but now it should be standard in a contract.

I was with Orange for about 4 years, moved to O2 for 2 years, and now i'm back on Orange again.

Both have dire customer support, but both offer the best and cheapest deals too - so that evens things up. I can't really choose between them both - they both offer great deals which i've benefitted from over the years. At the moment, my Orange deal works out the best package for me (especially as I get unlimted broadcand for a fiver as part of the deal)

T-Mobile offer the worst value for money. I can't see why people join them at all.

I am a long-standing customer with Orange. It must be about 9 years now. I've had a few issues with them along the way, but they have always resolved them and I have never been out of pocket. Getting through to their customer services was always terrible, but it has improved significantly. And I have always been speaking to someone in the UK.

I really like their Magic Number scheme, where I am now entitled to 3 Orange numbers that I can call for free, unrestricted.

That's the thing though... if you have all your friends on the same network as you, you're sorted. Most of my friends are on o2 or vodafone but I'm leaning towards o2 after what people have said on here. No disrespect to Vodafone.

I am not keen on Orange because Sir Neuro has said they are French. I won't buy apples either if they are from France.

• 1 month later...

Archived