Armin w/ DJ Shah ft Chris Jones 'Gone Wrong'

Max Kane

http://www.armadamusic.com/

Should load automatically once you click the link.

This is really really bad, probably the most dissapointing collab ever. Has been floating around on some forums & I have to agree that it seems Armin has taken 'The Anthem' & decided to do his own version of it, though this is probably even worse.

Its no basshunter though!

It isn't, but I think you have to put it into context, this is Armin & DJ Shah, two highly credible names within the trance market. I expect better of them than I do from a euro-pop producer & sadly this could easily have been made by DJ Sammy or alike

Armin sometimes gets it a bit wrong when he jumps onto the bandwagon of similar sounding music. I'm sure this track will do well in quite a few territories but we're generally a bit more discerning over in these UK parts!

It isn't, but I think you have to put it into context, this is Armin & DJ Shah, two highly credible names within the trance market. I expect better of them than I do from a euro-pop producer & sadly this could easily have been made by DJ Sammy or alike

You've hit the nail on the head with that statement, Tom.

I think "cringeworthy" is an accurate description.

none of Armin's collaborations have impressed me over the past 12 months. Ever since Zocalo with Gabriel & Dresden, Armin's output has been particularly poor and doesn't actually sound what I consider trance to be anymore.

• 4 weeks later...

Have just listened to the full remix package which is on beatport (released on Ultra though so probs territory restricted) & have to say even the remixes don't make it any better. It's that vocal I think, just doesn't work for me

• 2 weeks later...

It baffles me even more now that Armin released this as the marquee single from the album 'Imagine'. Having heard samples of the rest of the album it's not that bad, some cheesy vocal moments are there but not many, makes you wonder why he chose the most commercial & frankly awful track to lead of with <_<

to be frank, it's pants. Is Armin selling out?

When I saw the tracklist for the album (which features a vocal collab with pretty much every 'fashionable' female vocalist going) I was worried but having had a quick listen to the tracks they're not the cheesey efforts I feared they would be, some of the tracks sound pretty good

Archived