Calling Beyond - Revised and Revisited...

Aza

Hey all.

For me, there hasn't been too many belters this year and it's been a fairly slow start. I've been feeling a little reminisce and have actually always wanted to go back and do this. So, I finally got round to visiting my first ever mix demo, spicing it up with new tunes (which have never been featured in my sets and only around during that era [of the first mix demo]) and tried to keep things to an interesting set of 1 hour.

Taken from my web site, the mix philosophy is as follows:

"Paying tribute to the first ever mix uploaded to the web site, Calling Beyond receives a special 'Revisit and Revision'.

Utilising tunes only featured in the original mix or from the same trance era, which have not been featured elsewhere on this site. The 12 special reminiscent tracks featured over the hour do not only aim to provide you with a pleasant reminder of the great tunes gone by, but entertain you in an uplifting style.

Tracklisting:

1. Motivation - 'Para Mi (Original Mix)' [Definitive]

2. Jurgen Vries - 'The Theme (Original Mix)' [Direction]

3. Warrior- 'If You Want Me (Original Mix)' [incentive]

4. Fingers Burnt - 'Legoland (Vocal Mix)' [Fingers Burnt]

5. System F - 'Solstice (Original Mix)' [Tsunami]

6. Ralphie B - 'Massive' [Data]

7. Push - 'Strange World (2000 Remake)' [bonzai]

8. The Clergy - 'The Oboe Song (Green Martian Remix)' [FFRR]

9. Reysan Khan - 'Shi-Du 2000 (V.O.O.D.I. Remix)' [Joof]

10. Aza - 'Spectrum (Live Pioneering Mix: Noff Edit)' [White]

11. Miss Shiva - 'Dreams (Cosmic Gate Remix)' [Variation]

12. Altitude - 'Altitude (SHOKK Remix)' [bonzai]

Total Time: 63:43 | File Size: 89.9 Mb - MP3 160/320kbps VBR

Click here to go to the download page

Well sire! If this was your first mix, it will be interesting to see how it compares to your standard now, which I love because the mixing is nice.

No offence but I also much prefer the tunes listed here than on your recent mix! So I shall download and feed you back loyally like a knight's horse always returns to his master.

Original Mix of Motivation's Para Mi should be Intrique Deep Bass Attack! Love this tune so much... don't think there was ever an "Original Mix" as such although the Intrique mix pretty much became it. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Thank you all - most appreciative of your comments and fully hope you enjoy this mix :)

Yes, it has always been something special to me and when I look back (think 5 y rs back now :o) I recall practising so much to perfect a mix and seeming as this was my first; it was a good idea to pay a tribute to it. I liked setting myself the challenge of looking back and redoing this mix with tunes that had not been used elsewhere on other demo's but also from the same, great era!

Great to hear this Aza - especially Ralphie B & Massive, as I remember it being a great no-nonsense Trancer at a time of serious change in the dance scene.

Original Mix of Motivation's Para Mi should be Intrique Deep Bass Attack! Love this tune so much... don't think there was ever an "Original Mix" as such although the Intrique mix pretty much became it. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I've always reckoned Intrique and Motivation are simply noms de plume of a single artist anyway, Quad. ;)

Yeah as promised this was my soundtrack on the way down to Jules on Fri (along with my own mixes). Liked the tracklisting dude. 'Ralphie B - Massive' is a quality track and aways reminds me of PVD's sets from that era.

I was a bit puzzled as to what happens between 'Ralphie B - Massive' and 'Push - Strange World' :confused: ? I couldn't figure whether my CD skipped or you did a bit of a trick there? Not a criticism there mate, just wondering <_< .

Thanks Chrissie and Uber - your comments and all others were warmly accepted :)

Uber: that was a cut up there and on cue it sounded good and thought would cut the mix up a little; however, upon listening back I wasn't too convinced and nearly redid the mix... I thought I would just leave it in there as even though it does not make it seamless I thought it kinda carries on nicely (eventually) into Strange World. On the subject of that, what did you think of the cut ups on Miss Shiva and the bass boosting for Altitude?

It seems Ralphie B was the main boy and O yeah, deseredly so! Stoneface & Terminal's remix of Talla - Shine kinda reminds me of this tune, but apart from that it will always be something special!

Cheers again all and hopefully by end of this week will have my next new mix uploaded - it's a bit of a showcase of this years tracks in summary :)

Archived