Ortofon Nightclub MKII

While the majority of you kids have probably jumped over to CDs and or laptops some of us luddites still insist on a pair of turntables in the essential DJing setup. It's come to that time again when I have to get new styli.

My old carts were Ortofon Nightclub's with elliptical styli. This range has now been discontinued and replaced with a flash orange MKII model. Has anyone used these? I'm more than happy with my old nightclubs so will probably get the new model when I've got some cash together but some thoughts and comments would be useful.

My thoughts are exactly the same. I've got nothing but good things to say about my Ortofons. They produce a really reliable and durable cart which tracks well and has fantastic sound quality. It's hard to complain with that really. I was just interested to see if anyone had used them and how they sounded in comparison.

The sound quality of the carts designed for DJing is superb, so no doubt the detail you'd get from these, which are aimed at ripping, will be very high quality. The only thing I would say is the lack of a replacable stylus will mean you'll have to buy a whole new cart when they come to the end of thier life. Then again, my Ortofons last ages so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

You might find this info of use when you set them up.

Archived