Mauro Picotto - Lizard

Simcut

Hey all,

Lizard was played on various shows by Jules and we're trying to get the mixes right, so I wanted to make this thread for people to help.

Here's a list of all the mixes that there are, of Lizard:-

Megavoices Mix

Mondo Bongo Mix

Tea Mix

Nation Mix

Picotto Mix

Tall Paul Edit

Tall Paul Remix

Mas Mix

Claxixx mix

R.A.F. by Picotto remix

Imperiale mix

Megavoices On Air Mix (could be the same as the "Megavoices Mix" above...)

Trance Mix

Gigi D'Agostino Remix

Alternative Mix

UK Mix

It's ridiculous how many mixes there are of this track!

There are 16 different mixes of the track in total!

I'm going to find my vinyls of Lizard and record some samples, please can those of you that have it on vinyl or CD as well, dig it out and compare? We're trying to get to the bottom of an ID on the following thread, which I think could be a remix of Lizard:-

http://www.judgejulesarchive.co.uk/archive...view=getnewpost

Thanks in advance guys :)

Simon

Ive the vc pormo with megavoices, tallpaul edit (jules played this originally!)and trance mix.

I did also have the claxxixx mix and t mix on tother side pormo aswell but broke it! haha

I also know what the Tall Paul remix goes like aswell.

Thats abput it though.

Believe it or not, Lizard was one of those records which began to annoy me really very quickly on the radio - not sure why, maybe it was the lack of access to a club atmosphere to fully appreciate it :D

Totally agree. Because the track was so breakdown centered, it lost a lot of it's magic within the confines of a 3 min radio version, Most of the tracks back then were vocal led numbers, with the obvious exceptions to ATB and Darude, both of which had suitable points for shorter and more punchy arrangements which still made sense!

Tall Paul Remix was probably my favourite version at the time. Personally I thought the 2005 remixes were awful, though that was probably due to my change in taste by that point

Tall Paul Remix was probably my favourite version at the time. Personally I thought the 2005 remixes were awful, though that was probably due to my change in taste by that point

Couldn't agree more actually, Sir Bailey.

Archived