Cue Sheets & Winamp

Aza

Have been carrying out some investigatory work with audio files and, coincidentally, whilst loading some cue sheets to my site, I found an awesome plug-in that works with winamp to split sets into tracks inside of the player.

So, this works just like a cd with multiple tracks for a mix set, only it utilises one audio file and the sheet.

This was a good little plug I found and I know we have discussed cue sheets on here so I thought I would share it :)

link: http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details/143011

It means you can use winamp to split tracks of a big mix, without using anyother software, or manually making up a cue sheet, handy for burning to CD's.

Personally in this age of mp3 players I don't bother anyways.

Yeah i get that bit but how do i split tracks with winamp ;)

Make sure that the plug-in is in the 'plug-in' directory of your winamp program files and simply drag the cue sheet to your winamp playlist and it should work by simply double clicking the entry on your winamp playlist...

Didn't mean to confuse, but nonetheless still want to help even more as I think this is a great share!

I'll try layout the guide here and hopefully this will help you :)

1. Ignore my above link (initial post). Download CuePlayer057c, which I have uploaded here for you.

I suggest downloading the file to your desktop where you will be unzipping (see point 2).

2. Unzip the file and you should have two '.dll' files; gen_cue.dll and in_cue.dll.

3. Cut and Paste the two files mentioned above to: C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins. If you have already done something like this before because of my first post then you may be prompted to overwrite files, click yes to all.

4. That should be it. Drag and drop a cue sheet into your winamp playlist and it will come up just as one file. Double click on the playlist list entry and it should split all the tracks and start playing! NB: The cue sheet must be saved in the same directory as the source mp3 file you want to play to work; this goes for most things i.e. when burning the cue sheet for a cd.

5. Hope this helps - please enjoy :)

Archived