England vs France

Quadrant

I personally think that England will win quite comfortably......What about Owen there seems to be alot of speculation over his contribution to the squad whether he will start or not....Did he start on Capello's first game? I cant remember.....

For the record I am NOT an England fan...just passing my opinion...

Still reckon Owen has alot to offer...pity about the situation at St. James Gate

I know France are missing some players, and Zidane has retired, but they are previous World Cup finalists. The world cup winners (Italy) are playing Spain as well tonight I think, and I reckon Spain will beat them too.

Spain always underperform in big tournaments for some reason, very much like England in that respect.

But I remember last year when I was in Salamanca, and England had a friendly with them and we lost... I had to buy all the bar staff a drink :thumbsdown:

A 1-1 draw tonight when we play France is my prediction. I can't watch it though as I don't have Sky!!

I'd go 1-1 aswell. I don't mind Capello giving Ferdinand the captaincy if it is indeed part of his plan to 'test out' potential captains. The best leader is still easily JT though

Got this on at the moment. Most of the way through the second half and I'm slightly dissapointed. You would have thought with the quality of the players on show it would have been a bit more of a spectacle. If you look at the starting lineup for France I personally think they have a more superior team. They have some players with immense experience (Thuram, Makelele, Anelka) and some younger exciting players (Ribery, Malouda, Abidal). The players at their disposal at left back must be the strongest around. To have Clichy and Evra kept out of action by Abidal is almost an injustice to these awesome players.

Looks as though the 1st half was a bit of a wrong choice of players/formation but I guess Capello is just testing the water. Rooney looked a bit lost at times and although I think he can play anywhere, if he doesn't get the service up front, he's always going to come looking for it and c**k up the formation. He gets frustrated if he doesn't see any of the ball but for us (United), he has some fine players working in a tried and tested team to bring him into the game. No doubt the press will be onto somebody for the loss as usual. At the end of the day, it's a meaningless friendly smack bang in the most important time of the season for most players so they're hardly going to go hammer and tongs at it.

Not good to see Rio looking like he has a bit of a pull/strain when we have Roma next week :unsure: . Hopefully he's ok.

Calamity James, totally upended Anelka for the penalty although he stood his ground like a rock.

Would have been a 0-0 draw basically any other day but the most important thing is I've lost my money!! :(

Croatia are a good side so that's a good result for Scotland... the dark depths of drawing 1-1 with the Faroe Islands a few years ago seem long gone! :)

Should have put your money (except Jacey B) on Spain, they beat Italy 1-0...

That was a great result for Scotland beating France 1-0, cant understand why Mc Fadden went then and joined Birmingham City??? A terrible move in my opinion considering the position Everton are currently in...

In relation to old firm, there is only one team, "Celtic"

That was a great result for Scotland beating France 1-0, cant understand why Mc Fadden went then and joined Birmingham City???

Scotland never beat France, France beat England! lol! ;)

Archived