Radio 4 news hit by giggling fit

Aza

I managed to catch this live by listening to the news this morning on the way to work.

It was absolutely brilliant! I kinda knew it was coming but when Charlotte began to laugh I had to clap to myself; I thought she might have got bollo**d, but judging by the response most people, like me saw the funyn side and funny enough listeners contacted to express their humour!

I arrived at work and told a few colleagues about it and was surprised to see it on the BBC's website by the afternoon!

If you haven't heard this I recommend you taking a look by clicking here! :)

I'm prone to this too, once I start I cannot stop laughing... something which haunted me even in my school days as my mates would successfully start me off whenever I had to read out a paragraph in French or Spanish lessons.

She kept it together pretty well - that human voice recording thing was pretty abstract! :)

Tom: my thoughts exactly... At first I thought something like that could question her job posistion, but I did see it in the better light and wasn't sure about other listeners. Luckily everyone did pretty much flood Radio4 phones expressing this!

Tim - me too, the situation is always intensified when there is act of seriousness, which makes the giggles more prone to go on. If you look at it from a different point of view you would probably not even laugh at all! It's just because you're actually in the situation yourself!

Yes, the more serious the situation where you're not meant to laugh, the harder it is to stop. Like if you're in Church and someone stacks it on the steps in the minute's silence.

Archived