Man Utd vs Roma

Quadrant

Well looks like your picking up a few quid quadders depending upon what the odds were (not great I bet due to our top form). I think we didn't play that good and in all fairness Roma dominated for the most part.

Ronny just ceases to amaze me. On the day when people are saying he doesn't perform in the big European games, he goes and scores one of the best headers you'll see this season. He just came from nowhere and took off like Concorde.

A number of players for me were outstanding including Rio, Evra, Park, Wazza, Ronny, Edwin..... Oh, most of the team then!

Don't think we displayed 'Joga Bonito' but this is Europe and that was a very hostile place to play so to come away with a win is huge. Cannot see Roma coming back from that at Old Trafford.

Strange to see Fergie actually admit he got the tactics wrong until he changed to 4-4-2. Changed the game for Wazza as he scored straight after, all be it a sloppy goal. People always go on about how Wayne can't play this position or that position but personally I think he desn't mind playing anywhere as long as he's involved. He got really frustrated in the England game as he didn't get posession and ended up coming looking for it, thus messing up the formation. When he's playing for us he does play best down the middle but he's devastating anywhere.

Gutted to see Nemanja injured :blackeye: but hopefully it isn't too bad.

Barca in the Semi looks a likely prospect. Messi & Bojan look the players to watch in that game.

Hopefully we can do Old Trafford proud and put on a show at home. Roma have to come at us so that'll leave spaces for Ronny to cause havoc. They just couldn't handle him today. Don't think it's a good enough excuse blaming their poor performance on not having Totti or Perotta. If your a good enough team to be playing in the quarter final then yur team should be good enough to handle not having two players in the team. Roma's final ball and shots were a bit lacklustre so they need to improve that for next week or else it's a foregone conclusion ;) .

United will be hard to beat I reckon..Ronaldo is unreal at the minute, he was outstanding on Saturday also...No doubt Arsenal and Liverpool will play out a scoreless draw tomorrow evening.

I reckon it will be United and Chelsea in the final providing that they don't meet in the semi finals

Sir Alex Ferguson could retire at the end of the season yet on a high note..possible Champions League and more than certainly Premiership champions

I reckon it will be United and Chelsea in the final providing that they don't meet in the semi finals

That's impossible mate. The path to the final is set out at the quarter final draw. If we win, we play Barca or Schalke and the winner of Liverpool/Arsenal plays the winner of Chelsea/Fenerbache.

The good thing for us is that the second leg of the Semi would also be a home leg.

Personally I think it'd be hard for Fergie to leave United anytime soon. He knows the immense talent he has collated and I cannot see him being able to walk away from that. I think it'd be health problems thatwould stop him as he openly admits that he wants to keep on going until something stops him. The desire from him is as great as ever. He's a living legend and it'll be a sad day when he retires. I have a feeling Quieroz will take over as Fergie rates him highly and I don't doubt that Alex will have a say (or at least some strong advice) when Gill or the Glazers start to recruit.

P.s. Does David Pleat REALLY annoy anyone else? He's an experienced guy but he cannot pronounce any names and doesn't even try. He called Carlos Quieroz 'Queeroz' (as in :pinkman: ) tonight. What a ledge.

Barcelona played poorly last night and they got trounced by Real Betis (of all teams) at the weekend, so here's hoping if they meet Man U in the next stage that they still haven't found any form :)

Saw the highlights this morning - Ronaldo's header was ridiculous, he wasn't even on the screen when the cross came in!

I've thrown another 1000 pence on Roma NOT to win tonight. If Man U win or they draw, I get double my money back :)

P.s. Does David Pleat REALLY annoy anyone else? He's an experienced guy but he cannot pronounce any names and doesn't even try. He called Carlos Quieroz 'Queeroz' (as in :pinkman: ) tonight. What a ledge.
I think he's a really knowledgeable sir and I like his commentary, but has got it very wrong sometimes.

I'm begging for Man U v Scousers in Moscow now! I'd love to spoil their party once again and beat them in the final. Tonight's game wasn't easy on the eye as we missed a host of chances but we've qualified so who cares? Good to see Silvestre & Neville back. Rio is a hero for playingon after having 3 stitches in his foot. The blood seeping though his boot made me cringe a bit! That doesn't even compare to Peter Cech though who has had 50 stitches in his face after colliding with Tel Ben Haim in training. He said that although he copped it in the face, he didn't concede a goal in the process!! Nutter.

Archived