http://www.myspace.com/djtombailey

Emma Mason

Rich Walker

http://www.myspace.com/trafficcandystore

Loki

http://www.myspace.com/lokitrax

http://www.myspace.com/trafficcandystore

Official Release

"This Month at Traffic! We are back in the main room warming you up for the bank holiday weekend!

We are proud to have one of the north’s rising stars Tom Bailey come and play for us.

Tom is an ambitious & forward thinking 23 year old hailing from the small town of Sedgley, West Midlands, England. Having been DJing for a little over three years Tom has seen his seemless mixing & flawless tune selection catapult him into the spotlight. Having held down weekly residencies for several high profile radio stations & seeing his mixes feature on many more Tom has established a dedicated fan base & a rapidly growing profile as one of the most exciting young DJs currently around.

Tom’s first big break came when his mix was selected from thousands to be featured on huge UK based FM radio station Galaxy FM as part of Paul Kershaw’s massive show ’Solid State’ in January 2006. The show aired on a primetime Saturday night slot to an audience of millions, helping to showcase Tom’s talent and enthusiasm for progressive trance music. Tom was named as a ’Solid State Rising Star’ and dubbed one of the DJs to watch in the forthcoming years also having an extended interview & a full half hour mix played. Following on from this landmark appearance Tom has graced some of the worlds biggest internet based stations & continues to present his bi-weekly show ’The Progressive Showcase’ exclusively on www.sense.fm

Alongside a dedicated & devoted following on the internet, Tom has also embarked upon a string of dates across the UK playing some of the countries premier events. Having played alongside such leading figures as Jonas Steur, Super8 & DJ Tab, Leon Bolier, Niklas Harding, Andrew Bennett, Mr Sam & Re:Locate Tom’s career is beginning to take off, and 2008 looks set to be a massive year. With dates confirmed in cities such as Bristol, Birmingham, London & in the North East Tom is definately looking to branch out & play as many gigs as possible, bringing him to a wider audience and helping to continue the excellent progress he has made in the past twelve months. In short Tom Bailey is definately a name to look out for in 2008 & beyond!

Also this month we have Plymouth’s newest superstar Emma Mason on warm up duties. Emma will be providing you with her unique uplifting style so get ready to dance your socks off! In the space of a few months Emma has already played sets at After Dark & Traffic! Just recently Emma has been booked to Play at Vicky Devine’s Ibiza night Charlys Angelz which Should put Emma firmly on the rise to stardom!

Traffic! Residents Rich Walker and Loki will also be on hand to provide you with some of the best Trance music around at the moment!

As usual there will be drinks promotions behind the bar and CD give aways!

Love Trance? Love Traffic!

Residents: Loki Rich Walker"

Good!play some where a bit nearer to me then I'll pop down ha ha ;P

:lol: Plymouth is probably one of the closest gigs I've got lined up at the moment to where you are mate. Plenty of travelling for me over this spring/summer ;)

Not too long now before I undertake the marathon drive down to Plymouth. Can't wait ;)

Set times for tonight are:

11-12 Emma Mason

12-2 Tom Bailey

2-3 Rich Walker

3-4 Loki

Right then, here goes...

My journey was delayed slightly at the outset having waited around for a friend who was due to accompany me, only to be let down at the last minute, anyway on I went, solo! I was aware that the holiday rush would mean that there would more than likely be rolling road blocks right the way along the M5, but didn't expect to hit delays no more than 15 minutes into my trip, crawling along without having even reached Worcester was trying my patience & a few tirades were uttered.

Having finally navigated the delays I got my foot down up until Bristol where there had been a nasty accident which had blocked off 2 of the 3 lanes, needless to say it was a horrendous delay & I covered the grand total of 3 miles in around an hour. Once I was through Bristol the journey gathered some momentum & barring a few slight delays & such I completed my trip in reasonable time arriving at Rich's (Walker, the promoter) house prior to 10pm.

After a few drinks & an introduction to some of the locals we hit the club. The Candy Store was a pretty impressive venue, nice decor, really well layed out, decent lighting & an unfathomably loud system. I hit the bar for a few drinks & went around chatting to some of the assembled crowd.

Emma Mason kicked things off around 11, to be fair it was a pretty full on 'warm-up' set (if that's the right word) & I wondered whether my subtle progressive tones would be lost on the bosh monkeys who were lapping it up :lol: Emma's mixing was flawless, not bad considering she's been playing for under 4 months, & she had the dancefloor buzzing as I took over at midnight.

I decided to allow Emma's final tune to play out as I had a particularly good intro track which I wanted to use & also due to the fact that I wanted to slow the bpm down slightly. I kicked off with some progressive house working thru some of my current favourites which thankfully gained an enthusiastic response. Unfortunately my set couldn't be recorded, which I'm really dissapointed about as I had planned to use it as something of a special for my next show. However I'm considering re-recording it myself to use anyway, thoughts welcome...

Having a full two hours to play was excellent, I was able to work through the full scale of my sound & also drop a few older tracks in too, 'Welsh Morphology' got a particularly good response & there was even an impromptu sing-a-long of sorts for 'Longest Road' :wub: As the night was billed as 'uplifting trance' I did up the ante a little more than perhaps I would normally moving the bpm up & playing a few trancey tracks. I couldn't resist the temptation of dropping 'Helsinki Scorchin' which was probably my favourite track of the night. My full playlist is below...

Tom Bailey Live From 'Traffic', The Candy Store, Plymouth.

May 2nd 2008.

00.00 - 02.00

Tracklist.

01 - Frank Anthony '18 Years' [Fektive]

02 - Thomas Didrik 'Faded' [Pilot 6]

03 - Erick Dere 'One Year' [sweetgum]

04 - Damien J Carter & Anthony Lee 'Filterscope' (Jerome Isma-ae Remix) [Jee Productions]

05 - Dobenbeck 'Please Don't Go' (Chris Reece Dub Mix) [sound Piercing]

06 - Erick Dere 'Sign' [sweetgum]

07 - Gery Menu 'Pay & Lay' [68]

08 - Tom de Neef & Laidback Luke 'Humanoidz' (Arno Cost & Norman Doray Remix) [Jack Squad]

09 - Memento 'No Escape' [supra]

10 - Morgan Page ft Lissie 'Longest Road' (Deadmau5 Remix) [Nettwerk]

11 - David West 'Welsh Morphology' [Anjuna Deep]

12 - Tiesto 'Driving To Heaven' (Mat Zo Remix) [Magik Muzik]

13 - Eddie Williams 'Gestation' (Part 1) [Pilot 6]

14 - Evol Waves 'Mimi' [Coldharbour Red]

15 - Nifra 'Ready' (Randy Boyer & Eric Tadla Remix) [Coldharbour]

16 - Cressida '6 AM' (Kyau & Albert Remix) [Euphonic]

17 - David Shaw 'Everyone Illuminated' (Perpetual Remix) [Neuroscience Deep]

18 - Sia 'The Girl You Lost To Cocaine' (Sander van Doorn Remix) [Doorn]

19 - Tiesto 'Ten Seconds Before Sunrise' (First State Remix) [Magik Muzik]

20 - Super8 & Tab 'Helsinki Scorchin' [Anjuna Beats]

21 - Orkidea & David West 'God's Garden' [AVA]

Following on from my set was Rich Walker, Rich (as mentioned above) is the co-promoter & resident & also provided the hospitality for the night. Rich's set kicked things up considerably with some fantastic peak time trance. It was great to see a DJ enjoying themself an awful lot too, Rich was on top form! Loki finished things off with a nice closing set, full of energy & some excellent tracks.

Following on from the night everyone (& it seemed like everyone!) headed back to Rich's for an after-party. I was totally shattered following the long drive & an early start so wasn't up to my usual standard, but enjoyed sampling some local 'home-made' scrumpy which tasted like it could peel paint from the walls. The night ended with me crashing out in a spare room sometime near 6 as I was literally out on my feet. Despite being royally shagged I was determined to rise early & after a brief 2 hour siesta I was back up & on the road. Luckily the journey home was excellent & I made it back comfortably inside three hours. Was an excellent night & definately a promotion worth checking out if you're in the area. Now I'm off for some sleep -_-

I'm not sure exactly how many the club holds Chrissie, there were two rooms which were both pretty sizeable though & luckily ours filled up nicely as the night went on.

As far as Emma's final track I have no idea what it was, but it was pretty full on, was being played at 138 bpm :o

I'll never understand why anyone would bang it out from the off if someone afters gonna start slower, unless she wasnt aware maybe...

I've seen it myself though back in2005 when I went to a club In bath for a night where Greg Downey was the headliner playing 12-2, the first guy, was his first time playing inna club was bangin go ut the AVB Mix of As The Rush comes in the first/his hour!

The club stayed 90% empty,people came in and left quite quickly,taught me a lot that night!,a local fave Shaunie came on at ten and toned it down a little bit building up a bit to Greg to take over and blow the roof off.

Goin off topic but it beats me why clubs that have been mentioned times a many before book dj's in the time slots for nights etc.. n that..

I'll ask Emma myself what the last track she played was ha ha

I didn't really mind all that much, wasn't ideal but I expected Emma to play pretty trancey right from the outset. Using the Frank Anthony track as an intro worked out nicely as it meant there wasn't a sudden fluctuation in bpm.

Nice report, enjoyed reading that... good tracklisting too. Well done sir!

Why thank you sir, the set will be re-broadcast next Monday (May 12th) on my show ;)

Yeah but 138bpm for a warmup set?!! might aswell've played happy hardcore!

As I said it wasn't ideal & if I'm brutally honest it kinda p*ssed me off a little but nothing I could do about it. Just got on with things & used the intro to slow it down. Didn't seem to upset the night too much & had glowing feedback regarding my set :)

Archived