R.I.P. Barry Connell

Briggsy

I can't believe Barry Connell is dead just 6 days after his essential mix.

I've always rated Barry very highly since first hearing him. A tragic loss to the dance music scene :(

I'm gobsmacked. I was due to see him at Goodgreef in a few weeks too :(

It is with deepest regret that we have to announce that one of our dearest Friends and brightest talents, Barry Connell, has sadly passed away.

Our thoughts are with his fiancé Amanda and family.

An extended statement will be released from PFA/Goodgreef shortly.

If you do know Amanda or Barry's family please respect their privacy and do not disturb them at this time.

We thank you for your understanding in this difficult matter.

All our thoughts,

Goodgreef and PFA team

Im shocked cant believe it, i was listening to his Essential mix in the Car when Briggsy phoned and told me. This is so tragic, i was due to see him a Goodgreef myself in a couple of weeks.

Normally when things are kept hush hush its because their is a bad reason or complications, we wont know until its announced, whatever the case this is really sad, thoughts go out to his fiance and all his family. R.I.P Barry

I expect a post-mortem will be carried out (to establish actual cause of death) before any further announcements are made.

It's tragic, life is so fragile. My thoughts are with his family and friends, its just unbelievable, can't stop thinking about him as its just so sad. He had so much to live for. I really enjoyed the Ess mix too and had been listening to it earlier on today when l went for a walk along the beach. R.I.P Barry.

very very sad. it just goes to show that anything can happen at anytime. Barry was winning me over too. I cant stop playing his essential mix. I had previously said his style wasnt suited to me, that was starting to change. RIP Barry, gone but not forgotten.

This has come as a complete shock to everyone. Barry had passed away, peacfully in his sleep.

Barry was a top guy & had an amazing talent for using his ability to fire up a crowd. I have had the plaesure on sharing some good laughs with him within the duration we have known eachother & he will be sorely missed by all his mates. The fact that this has happened just when his whole DJ'ing career seemed to be going from strength to strength & when he had arranged to get married in Florida later in the year is just a complete tragedy.....Gutted.

My heart goes out to Amanda his fiancee and Barry's family at this horrible time.

'A true Arches Legend'

R.I.P. matey. xxx :(

Such sad news. Barry was a very talented DJ and performed an excellent guest mix for my show almost a year ago at the start of May. I also thoroughly enjoyed his Essential mix on BBC Radio 1 last week. My deepest condolences go out to Barry's fiancee & family.

Archived