Snooker!

Quadrant

Not placed a bet with betfair.com because its a bit late now, but Im looking forward to the Hendry / O'Sullivan semi final. Ronnie actually for the first time looks happy in his life and is enjoying his snooker... always a dangerous omen. I think he will wipe the floor later. I've been watching it live on bbc online.

Anyone else following this? 4-4 at the moment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ker/default.stm

I'd hope for an O'Sullivan - Carter final, Ronnie is playing well but Hendry has been playing as well as he has for years & is a definate threat. Think it'll be a tight semi.

Don't see Carter having too many problems against Joe Perry, but nerves usually seem to hit players with little experience & it could come down to who handles the pressure best out of those two

What amazes me about Ronnie is that you never quite know to what degree of his ability he is ever playing at. Most players when they are playing really well are performing at 100% but with Ronnie he seems to have this extra gear he can step up to if he needs it. His temprament has caused him issues in the past and he openly admits that he doesn't always enjoy himself but like Tom says, at least he's happy in tournaments at present.

His natural talent just stuns me. That 147 was awesome.

On Fire, as some would say :P

Cracks me up how the MC at the snooker always introduces the players like they are wrestlers or something :huh: . Sounds good in darts as they have the music and everything but I don't think some of the snooker players like it. Ronny certainly admitted that he doesn't really like being called 'The Rocket' and I'm sure Stephen Maguire loves being called 'On Fire' when he's in the process of being whipped by his opponent.

Nevertheless I suppose it's just a bit of harmless fun to liven up the crowd and players.

That is true sir, I agree! It sounds very out of place because snooker for me is a calm and collective sport to be observed... you should never be trying to whip up the crowd intentionally. I mean, it's hardly darts, is it?

Carter seemed to suffer from the 'I'm just happy to be here' syndrome

Yes I agree with that. Sad really that upon getting to your first major final, it all goes to pieces and you end up with that mentality. Loved the streaker! Some people moan and say how silly it is but I find it very amusing. Snooker is so serious and 'proper' that something like that is just so against the whole ethos of the game. Very 'gentleman' based with waistcoasts and bowtie's...... oh look, there's a streaker..... Oooooo look at him run :rolleyes:

Youtube Video ->Original Video

The way he runs has me in stitches and the fact that he hid under the table in genius. They couldn't get him out for ages. :lol:

lol, totally missed the streaker!!

Very rare in snooker. I've only known it happen once before ever, and that was in the 1995? Benson & Hedges final between O'Sullivan and Steve Davis. Was a woman that time... obviously, that's much better.

Archived