Simon Ross Bootlegs

Hiya boys and girls. I'm originally from the judgejules.net site but have been told by many people to come and visit these message boards too. Many of you will know me already because of this, but also because I have been a part of Jules' mixes very often, more times than I actually know of myself.

Below are download links to some lower quality versions of my tracks. 'Fly To New York' will be the one most people will recognise, but I will post them all for those who will take more interest:

Fly To New York:

http://www.4shared.com/file/37706465/3852f...s_Bootleg_.html

~ Lange vs Gareth Emery - This Is New York

~ Markus Schulz - Fly To Colours (Genix Remix)

Good Ascent:

http://www.4shared.com/file/41204729/ffc87...s_Bootleg_.html

~ Michael Dow - Ascent

~ Above and Beyond - Good For Me (Vocals)

Insight Into Recoil:

http://www.4shared.com/file/37507359/d125e...s_Bootleg_.html

~ Mr Sam ft Kirsty Hawkshaw - Insight (Mr Sam Club Mix)

~ Signalrunners - Recoil (Original)

Atasco Freak:

http://www.4shared.com/file/37506681/d427b...s_Bootleg_.html

~ Armin Van Buuren - Control Freak (Sander Van Doorn Remix)

~ Abel Ramos - Atasco (Randky Katana Edit)

Roadkill Riff:

http://www.4shared.com/file/37507002/39c67...s_Bootleg_.html

~ Dubfire - Roadkill (Breakfast Remix)

~ Sander Van Doorn - Riff (Evol Waves Remix)

White Russian All The Way:

http://www.4shared.com/file/48276902/dd03b...s_Bootleg_.html

~ Street Punk - White Russian (Rafael Frost Remix)

~ Ronski Speed ft Aruna - All The Way (Original Dub)

Sex in a Bulgarian Dizko:

http://www.4shared.com/file/53567931/39539...__Bootleg_.html

~ Club Scene Investigators - Direkt Dizko (Sander Van Doorn Remix)

~ Randy Katana - Sex

~ Lorren G ft Travel - Bulgarian (Lee Haslam Remix)

If you would like the 320 versions of any of the bootlegs, then let me know and I will hook you up. I have links for them but I dont want them to be out in the open without me knowing.

Ive been told people receive more feedback on here too, so as usual ... that will be pretty nice to see!

At the moment I'm pulling myself away from making these, as I think its a proper cheap way of making music in full honesty. It eased me into the production side of the industry nicely so now Im knocking on the door of self productions.

Cheers ...

Edited by simonross46

Nice to see you round these here parts guv ;)(Im djjasonb on tother jules board)

Like all the mashups, fly to new york and insight into reciol being the best two for me 320'softhese wouldbe appreciatedmuchly.

A&B Vs. dow ,A&B is a lilttle over bearing of the mashup.

Yeah Ive finally come here now lol

I do like Insight Into Recoil, but only the second half after that quiet section because thats the part that actually sounds right ... the first part Im not so sure about, it was pretty hard to do :rolleyes:

Good Ascent is my personal favourite at the moment. For that I only had a pure vocal offering of A&B which is from their Tri-State album ^_^

Already its clear to see this board is more active. Like everyone will agree the official boards are dead, in one thread on there Im virtually talking to myself which isnt too good. This really should become the official board.

Thanks for the interest though, and the comments. I will gladly hear more if there are any to come.

• 2 weeks later...

New Bootleg Added:

White Russian All The Way

(Let me know what you think. I am planning on this being my last bootleg for a long time because I want to get some proper productions done from scratch now. If feedback is good I will get this sent off to Jules and hopefully bag a few more Radio appearances.)

New Bootleg Added:

White Russian All The Way

I'm not sure this works quite as well, because the 2 tunes clash really obviously. At the moment it doesn't do it for me sir (like the clashy breakdown at 3mins) but that's just an honest personal opinion! Although at the moment it does have a kind of haunting background feeling, which I like.

Having said that, the same idea worked for the Fly To New York bootleg, which I have to say I really really love because it adds a nice Trancey dimension to another good (but hard) track. All of them are great actually.

Without sounding silly, it is possible to list the exact tracks you've fused together for each bootleg? I recognize most but 'twould be good sir to see a list because I am lazy :D

Edited by Quadrant

I really appreciate that comment Quadrant, and yeah Ill add the full track names in the first post for you.

When I was looking through tracks to see what I could mash together, I played these and noticed that they both use some of the same samples and loops, and that is the reason I chose them both because then it moulds the two tracks to sound like one much better. I am really happy with the result but that is obviously clouded by the fact that I put it together. Fly To New York has never had my vote I just did that one quickly because the name worked out really well and its become most peoples favourite so I really want to get another one out there that everyone will prefer more, and I will actually like too lol

Thanks for these links Simon, i've listened to a couple of these on Myspace the other day - Fly To New York is my fave though! Bootlegs are a great way to inject something original and new into a set, especialy if two (or more) tracks go so well together! Although, I know myself with my W-Unit tracks that the dubious legality of it means that original productions are the way forward haha!

Finding the tracks that compliment each other is the part to bootleg production that takes the most effort. I find that once you have found the tracks that you will use the process of making it is a walk in the park. In this business you can not be successful without being able to produce records from a clean plate, which is why I am starting to look at bootlegs from a different angle. They are great fun to make but they dont carry the same level of respect that a solo production of the same quality would.

I have been thinking about Quadrants comment about the clash during the breakdown section from the 3 minute mark. For anyone who has heard this new bootleg, do you think I should crossfade fully to the Ronski Speed track and remove the beep sounds which came from the Street Punk track? I think if I did this it would cure the clash issue.

My worry is that I have a friend who will be playing this at a big event and I dont want this awkward section in there still if it wont go down very well :(

I remember when they changed Captain Birdseye for some fresh James Bond style bloke. That was a complete c**k up. Shame the original is not around anymore I enjoyed his adverts.

More to the point though lol, I have now updated the White Russian bootleg and a new 96kbps link is available from the original location at the top of the thread.

Took me f***ing ages to get it right. Because I record them live I had a lot to tweak and change in that breakdown section all at once. A fair bit of cursing took place but when I got it right, I think everyone on my street realised! Im really happy with it now so I hope everyone else thinks the same :)

Cheers man, I now prefer this new version aswell .. and many other people who heard the original are much happier now.

I always started the recording again as soon as the breakdown got going because you may have noticed that the part I removed can still be heard slightly through the first few moments. I kept the bassline from both tracks in though so there is never a moment when only one track is playing ;)

Jules has this new bootleg in his collection, he will have had a good listen to it aswell by now. He assured me he would give it his attention before the weekend and theres only about 7 hours until the weekend officially begins! :D

Since I made the changes it has been getting a very good response so Im really really hoping I can get this one on to the radio. I would like to finish making bootlegs on a high note, if I dont I may end up making another, and another, and another ........ it may go on forever :lol:

I shall say thank you for the support I have received so far for this, it has been very useful.

• 1 month later...