Judge Jules' solo album

Neuro

Jules' album release is apparently due out this summer on Koch Records, US, and there's a mix compilation being lined up with the same label too.

I'm wondering why he's chosen such a label over a UK label like Incentive or even his brother's label (Serious) which are much more dance orientated - I suppose he is in the US a lot (even last week) and must have struck up a deal!

Having said that, who cares what label it's on - it's all about the music; I'm sure the release won't disappoint. :D

I have asked him a similar question in an email. Apparently he has signed it over in the U.S and is also trying to get it signed in Europe.

I also asked him why he doesnt release it on closet on anything like that, but he didnt seem to answer that in the email! I think he just wants to do this all seperately. Looking forward to it though, fair play some cracking tunage on there. His productions have really matured.

I dunno, in the US they might think the same about the European release! :lol:

They probably wont look any different; lots of artists release tracks on other labels before the more well-known one, but something different would be nice to have :)

Split Personality was mixed purely on cd to prevent people ripping the tracks. They mixed it only on cd then released the tunes that hadnt already been released on vinyl on split personality samplers across four volumes.

Well i would want the tracks in mp3 format. if i have to record of 12" i wont mind to much at least then, ppl wont be just downloading the choons.

though if they came out on cd and 12" unmixed i buy both. just to have for gigs that i do were cd decks arent availabe!

I've spoken to Jules and his plan is to release the album towards the end of this year, but he's not absolutely certain whether it will be mixed or unmixed...

So what do you reckon? Should it be mixed or unmixed?

I was thinking he could release the CD mixed but then do album samplers with the complete tracks on, like the Hi-Gate one was. Having said that, I hate mixed CDs with a passion but would it stop people ripping his tunes to mp3?

:?:

So what do you reckon? Should it be mixed or unmixed?

I was thinking he could release the CD mixed but then do album samplers with the complete tracks on, :?:

I think it would perhaps have a broader appeal if it was mixed. Unmixed dance albums don't really work for me - I like it to keep flowing. I'd probs also buy the album, and maybe the samplers to use on my decks. Double the royalties! :D

I shud imagine jules will have it unmixed, he shud know better than to mix the thing!!

OOOOoohhhh!! Handbags!! :D :wink:

u what mr steve!!

I don't care actually, as long as they get released soon!! I also emailed jules (he must be gettin pissed of by now, everyone asking the same questions!!) about all the above and all he said was 'the album will be released hopefully att he end of summer, but im not telling you when exactly!'

I shud imagine jules will have it unmixed, he shud know better than to mix the thing!!

OOOOoohhhh!! Handbags!! :D :wink:

u what mr steve!!

I don't care actually, as long as they get released soon!! I also emailed jules (he must be gettin pissed of by now, everyone asking the same questions!!) about all the above and all he said was 'the album will be released hopefully att he end of summer, but im not telling you when exactly!'

Yeah, I keep hassling him about the same stuff too. He should just come on here and save everyone the effort :wink: :wink:

• 9 months later...
I also emailed jules (he must be gettin pissed of by now, everyone asking the same questions!!) about all the above and all he said was 'the album will be released hopefully att he end of summer, but im not telling you when exactly'!

I guess we know now that the reason for this was because he didn't know himself... :roll:

I reckon we'll be into next year before this album sees the light of day, don't trust that May date considering I started this thread in May last year!

According to his latest Diary reports, it now seems like this will be released in May and called 'Proven Worldwide.'

I read this too. :D He also says that "Requiem for Rascals" will be on his forthcoming album. Hopefully he will include most of his tunes, "What's in Your Head" Keeps Me Running" "Without Love" etc................

The diary report seems to suggest that the album is very near a release, Jules talks about the final track being completed and suggests that the artwork and photogrpahy are now the priorites, looking better for a release than any previous news

Archived