Glasgow Psycho's

Uberduck

Bloody hell :o . Football's very dark side reared it's ugly head again last night when the Jockanese ran riot in Manchester.

I Predict a Riot, I Predict a Riot!

The trouble actually started 15 minutes before the game when the large screen in Picadilly Gardens failed. The Rangers fans launched bottles against it and there the trouble started. 42 people were arrested during the night.

A Zenit fan was also a stabbed in the ground before the game:

The injured Russian fan was taken to hospital after he was attacked in a seated area of the stadium before the start of the game. He was stabbed in the back but his injuries were not reported to be life threatening.

Six men, all believed to be Rangers fans, were arrested in connection with the incident, said Greater Manchester Police.

These people bring shame on the game and should never call themselves football fans.

I have never really taken much interest in football (shock horror), but it is that sort of stuff which puts me off it sometimes. I know its not something which happens all the time for football, and its something that is not intended, but football is starting to receive a hooligan label these days. If these rioting hooligans could enjoy the game like everyone else does then it would be much better. Sport is for people to enjoy not terrorise.

im a blue nose and i heard what happened in manchester, pretty awful behaviour from a small minority of 175,000 fans!!!!!! wouldnt suprise me if english based fans were the height of the riots (they usually are) :P

The team did well to get to the final, we were playin a highly skillfull zenit team who im sure will take next yrs champs league by storm!

i was at ibrox to watch the game, was a carnival atmosphere..lots of sing-songs!!

moan the gers...treble's on!

ps on a sadder note i heard tommy burns has passed away today :( he was batttling with skin cancer, and his condition had being detoriated..

it kinda puts everything into perspective when tragedys like this happen.

tommy burns was assistant scotland coach when walter and alex mcleish were in charge, and he also managed kilmarnock, celtic and reading amongst more.

sad week for scottish football :(

Uber, the arrests made were comparatively low for an event which hosted that number of people. At any large scale event with a population of 100,000+, they predict that at least 100 people will misbehave to the point of needing to be detained by police. 42 were arrested which is less than half expected for this number of people so really, its not as bad as it could have been. I do however think that the stabbing incident was totally uncalled for.

Pitty about Tommy Burns... one of the more gentlemanly alum of the game.

Some of the footage released is really quite sickening, in one instance a solitary officier falls to the floor & is then set upon by about 60 or so hooligans. Then they all stand there wondering why the police charge them :rolleyes:

I've been to many, many football games & have seen trouble taking place in a tiny minority of them, it does still go on but it's very rare now

This is why I have a love/hate relationship with football. It is a great game but it attracts the very dirt of society who are poor, violent, and have no morals. I think it's the same in just about every country, not just Scotland.

Anyone remember how bad it was in the 1980s in England!? We're much better these days.

I'm a Celtic fan so obviously the last place I would of wanted to be was Mancester on Wednesday past. I was extatic about the result mind you, best team won if you ask me.

I have a good few mates who were down in Manchester, including my uncle who took my wee cousin of 9 down with him. They have told me two sides of the story so to speak;

My uncle & his boy were at 'Cathedral square' where I think one of the big screens crashed. He had said to me that he was embarassed to call himself a Rangers fan at the point of the big screen breaking down & thereon after. He had witnessed drunken arseholes knocking over children & throwing glass bottles at the engineers trying to fix the screen. He had also witnessed a big group attacking fellow fans due to the frustration of them missing the game. Apparently ma wee cousin was petrified....not a childhood memory you want to remember! The hurry of everyone trying to find an alternative spot to watch the game caused even more fighting & then caused the police to step in (This is only what I was told). They ended up missing the first 20minutes & had to watch it back in the hotel.

Another group of mates were trying to find somewhere to watch it quickly (the game had already started), they were all gettin' anxious due to the rioting a few streets behind them. The police were kitted out with their bats & shields etc. so they knew not to hang about. They had heard the 'Velodrome' had a bigscreen so my mate Scott asked a police officer for directions to the 'Velodrome'....the officer began to give him directions whilst another officer in riot gear came from behind the initial officer only to rattle his bat off ma mate Scotts fat arse, lol! They then started ordering them to leave the city & go home, lol. They quickly left the scene whilst other officers charged at them a few streets on. Ma mates had witnessed loads of folk including women getting attacked off the police for no justifyable reason apart from to get them off the streets. Yeah, get them away from the streets where it is all kicking off but do it with a bit of tact, don't bat them down the streets as if there a tennis ball! Although a couldn't stop laughen a couldn't help feelin' a little bit sorry for them.....just a little bit though, lol.

A think a small group of arseholes basically rouined it for the majority trying to have a good time on the streets....which is a real shame. Settin'about the police is madness, they animals have gave the Rangers support a bad name not to mention Scottish football as a whole. The reality is, most teams around the world have their fair-share of arseholes in their support....thats football for you! It looks like they have rouined it for the Man Utd fans aswell who won't be aloud to have their fun out on the streets now. I think its a 'Catch 22' situation though because; On the other hand, it seems the police & the Manchester council were a bit naiive. A don't think they really anticipated the amount of fans that would be travelling into the city. Although the police probably had to act swiftly & firmly...hitten' innocent folk with bats when they could just as easily open there mouths & asked them to 'Leave' is out of order! Think ma mates arse is black & blue, he was standing for most of the journey home on the bus, lol.

R.I.P. Tommy Burns.

As an aside, and on a lighter note...

how come the word "Arseholes" isnt censored?

lol at Nick's usage of the word = 5 times bruv! :P

Anyway, as a fellow officer i feel disgusted at the behaviour of all concerned in the miserable accident.

As an aside, and on a lighter note...

how come the word "Arseholes" isnt censored?

lol at Nick's usage of the word = 5 times bruv! :P

lol, well I guess when I did the word filters I forgot about that one :lol: Not really too offensive I don't think - I only did the stronger swearwords, although on the downside that means we'll forever get the likes of Sc**thorpe, etc ^_^

Interesting reports on the violence though - sometimes it's just nice to chill at home watching it on TV with some friends and beers, if you ask me...

Genuine football fans aren't the ones that cause trouble - its outsiders that attend a match with the sole intention of fighting that start trouble.

Teams face fines and/or point penalties if they can't control their fans, and the genuine fans of these teams wouldn't risk that because they love their team too much.

Not sure whether anyone else saw the SSN report on Russia ahead of the final but some thug from Moscow reckons that the Russian hooligans will be out for 'revenge' on the English for stabbing that Zenit fan last week, what a tool

Archived