What track and who?

Ducky

I was thinking what Classics/Tunes could be made into trance tracks etc and made better with a different take to them and i recon John O'callaghan could make an awersome rework/remix of Run Dmc - Its Like That with his sound, he really is on fire at the moment!!

Whats your idea's/views people?

I like the fact we have three threads all running simultaneously on this board, with 1 predicting tunes today being classics, another for ideas for creating future classics, and a third saying how classics should be left alone! :D

Leave them alone-leave them alone (i couldnt resist it dub tech mass hop strop get out of my house im not really at talking dj fix)(ruined recor4ds):lol:

There are some oldies that would benfits from new mixes,I'll have a think.

Ferry hated Tiesto's remix. In his own words:

"I wouldn't call Tiesto's a Remix because it's basically a loop of one part of the song, which doesn't capture the whole beauty of the song in the first place. He told me that he never had the intention to release it, but the demand became so big that he released it. To me, it's a cool record, but it misses the whole point of the original or what my remix was trying to prove... "

I'm trying to this of other classical reworks... there have not been many.

I have never been a fan of Tiestos remix of 'Adagio For Strings', the sounds hurt my ears more than anything I cant see how it earned such popularity. The concept of remixing orchestral records I really like though. Armin uses orchestra's in his intros a lot, and also in some of his productions. They give tracks and mixes are different feel about them.

Ferry's remix of Ravel's 'Pavane Pour Une Infante Defunte' was exceptional, equal to his 'Adagio' remix imo.

Tiesto's version of 'Adagio' was cool the first few times I heard it & I remeber Armin playing it at Gods once to a fervant response. However it did get a bit tiresome

Of course, if we're talking about Orchestral fusions with dance music, nothing beats the Pet Shop Boys back in 1988, when they worked with Trevor Horn on "Left To My Own Devices". Many of you will be too young to remember this! Who else would find a full orchestra to back a woman opera singer who's only contribution is to sing the word "HOUSE"? Fantastic.

Amazing that this track is exactly 20 years old. Let it run.... :D

Youtube Video ->Original Video

If anyone would like to download this song and experience the 1980s, please click here:

Link removed by KR

I'm very sorry admins, I couldn't resist sharing! :pirate:

I have it on Introspective, have had that album since 1997, before then it twas my uncles, I was 7 or 8 when I first heard it and still love it :P

I have a mate whos into rock as a mainstay but likes bits n bobs, the past two years by way of getting friendly with some girl hes been getting into dance more and swears by Tiestos Adagio, proper muppet all about Ferrys Remix of orbit for me every time! even Skip Raiders dont use the full tune either!

Anyhows, one track i've always wanted to be updates is Our House-Floorspace, I always thought a early Michael Woods remix would be amazing, alas itll porbably never happen.

Ferry's remix of Ravel's 'Pavane Pour Une Infante Defunte' was exceptional, equal to his 'Adagio' remix imo.

That is one of Ferry's best productions that. But it never got the recognition it deserves.

Personally, i'd like to see (or hear) Dave Spoon take on Shut Up And Dance "Dance Before The Police Come"...

I'd like to hear Storm - Storm in a Richard Durand stylee

I reckon a Fabio Stein remix of Joshua Ryan - Pistolwhip would sound interesting too. In fact, i'm gonna email the suggestion over to him :D

Yeah very good tracks that would suit the techy style of present. I also agree that they should be left alone though <_< . Pistolwhip is a track of beauty that was ahead of it's time in my opinion.

I'd have liked to see more of the Perry O'Neil re-works series which he used to put out on EE, he revived some older tracks wonderfully with those.

The demise of the Perry O'Neil alias limits the possibilities of any more coming out though

Archived