Champions League Final

Max Kane

Apparently there are loads of different ones kicking about.

As much as I don't like JT, I do feel a bit sorry for him. It's never really fair to have to settle a game on penalties but to then make a slip up (excuse the pun :P ) like JT did is a right kick in the nuts. Hardly any of the talk has been about Anelka's penalty though, which is odd as it was his saved penalty that ultimately sent them out. He has said that he didn't want to take one as he'd only been on the pitch for a while and that he wasn't even playing in an attacking role when he came on. Anelka has always been a tit and he's making himself even more of one by saying this. Most people would keep their head down or talk in a dignified manor but Anelka has to try and defend his actions and say the missed penalty wasn't his fault.

Chelsea have already predicted wholesale changes with more players leaving than one's coming in. Kenyon has already admitted that but they have lots of players they hardly use i.e. Sidwell, Ben Haim, Shevchenko, Belletti, Pizarro. What's happened to Wright Phillips at the moment too? Wasn't even on the bench on Wed. Is he injured? For a 26 year old, he's not playing anywhere near enough football.

Yeh - what is more, he didn't even look gutted... The way he went up to take it as well, to me, looked like he had no enthusiasm.

All this talk about Ronaldo aswell is getting on my nerves. It's like he is deciding for himself what he wants to do. He is in no posistion to say "I'm leaving". He signed a bloody contract last year tieing him in for another four years. The club decides whether he leaves or not, he is not a roaming body.

He said after the match "I stay". The on the Radio he said "I don't know - I make no promises". SHUT UP already!

I'm getting a bit bored now of hearing the Madrid dribble about taking Ronny off us. I hope we do report them to FIFA as it's ridiculous. OK he's admitted that one day he would like to play in Spain but he's contracted at United for another 3-4 years. No way would we ever let him go for free and Fergie/Gill would be nuts to let him go any earlier than a year before the end of that contract. Alex is right that our dominance must extend into Europe to keep him.

Just really irritates me how Madrid have to make all these claims of the players they want. Calderon used to make claims that Robben, Fabregas and Kaka were all targets but he only has one of those to date. Now he want's Ronny too. Schuster is also getting in on the act trying to unsettle him. :angry:

Completely agree, however Ronaldo doesn't help dropping comments like that and also going on the radio saying "I don't know what I want - who knows what the future holds".

Sorry, you are contracted and have a job to do until then so get on with it!

Ronaldo said after the match "no, no, I'm gonna stay", but put in that situation you can't really say otherwise if your team has just won the Champions League.

Van der Sar's post-match interview was more amusing - I guess it's only natural to swear, given the moment:

Youtube Video ->Original Video

That interview is awesome. Didn't see much of that as I was too busy celebrating. Funny really as Edwin is dubbed as the sensible and quiet one :lol: .

Cannot see Ronny leaving for another two years at least because of the simple fact that he's under contract till 2012. No way United will sell him. It'd have to go through the courts. All it needs is for Ronny to say, no way but the problem is that he obviously doesn't really understand the media and his grasp on English sometimes means that he leaves himself open to interpretation.

Fergie will do his best to keep him but for how long?