Grant sacked as Chelsea manager

Aza

I hate Chelsea, don't get me wrong. But this is an absolutely disgraceful decision.

* 2nd place in the Premier League after an awful start

* Runners up in the Champions League

and sacked. Not good enough guys, sorry!

What does that say to incoming managers? "Chelsea must win everything this season or else". No pressure then.

Disgraceful. And I'll say it again: absolutely and dispicably disgraceful. I'll say the same to Manchester City as well in sacking Sven too: disgraceful. Both teams have no chance in hell in consistency by chopping and changing managers every season. Disgraceful.

To be honest who in their right mind now would want to take over Chelsea will the extremely high expectations?

Most managers will want to stay clear from the Chelsea circus...

Has Sven been axed also? Never heard this?

Disgraceful. And I'll say it again: absolutely and dispicably disgraceful. I'll say the same to Manchester City as well in sacking Sven too: disgraceful. Both teams have no chance in hell in consistency by chopping and changing managers every season. Disgraceful.

As a man city fan, this is pretty much how most of us are feeling. The thing with someone pumping money into a club is, they expect a return on it. At the end of the day, they view it as a business.

Most fans want Sven to stay. He got us playing good football and made some fairly good buys.

I think this highlights just what a joke the Premiership has become. Clubs are spending stupid amount of money, yet still don't win anything.

The likes of Chelsea and Man Utd just can't be competed with now. Arsenal and Liverpool are the next closest, but even they don't have the finances to compete.

Each year, the gap will get bigger and bigger, and it'll become more and more like the Scottish Premiership, where two teams are fighting it out for the title, three or four teams are fighting for europe, and the rest are just fighting it out to see who can finish between mid table and the european places.

Until a salary cap, transfer fee cap and foreigner limit is introduced, the game is going to be ruined.

With the strength of Chelsea's squad and the amount of money they have spent, I guess there is some sort of expectation to win at least won trophy. I think he would have [Grant] been ok if they beat Spurs in the cup, which sort of lead him to have to win at least the league or champions league. It is harsh considering he came runner up in both considering the cirumstances and I think it would be a complete joke if Jóse came back. I think he will probably manage in Italy - Inter Milan?

what makes me laugh is how poorly Chelsea were doing when Mourinho left. Grant comes in and gets everything in shape. The first quarter of the season Chelsea were a laughing stock. No one expected them in the Final Champions League let alone runners up, no one expected them to finish behind United in the prem either. It was supposed to be Arsenal challenging.

For Peter Kenyon to turn around and say thats not good enough made me cry! I can understand high expectations, but lets face it, you cant win everything everytime.

You have to bear in mind, under Grant i think Chelsea only lost 2 all season in the prem. Man City would kill for that sort of record.

As an aside, congratualtion and welcome to the Premiership Hull City!!!!!!

Peter Kenton is a pratt anyway - he was a pratt at Man Utd, and he's a pratt at Chelsea. He seems to think he knows everything about football, so why don't they stick him in charge for a season. Lets see how well they do then!

Every club has a plonker behind the scenes - and Kenyon is the one at Chelsea. We have a complete pratt at Wolves too - Jez Moxey.

Not to jump on any bandwagon here, but I find it extraordinary that a club can believe it will have any sort of consistency if they keep chopping and changing their manager every year.

Real Madrid are another team who annually sack their manager no matter how well they've done that year!

I find this totally baffling. My mate told me when I got round his last night. I thought he was winding me up but when I sat and thought about it I wasn't really surprised. I don't at all think Grant deserved to go as his record was as good as Jose's but obviously didn't win any silverware.

The time managers get at a club is just stupid i.e. Allardyce at Newcastle.

Who on earth are they going to get now? Rijkaard seems a possible candidate but still cannot see how he would differ from Grant.

The world has gone mad :wacko: .

Archived