Windows XP HELP

Marty Mayes

Hi guy's ive just reinstalled windows on my other half's computer but ive got no sound can someone tell me the steps to getting the sound to work again thanks

It'll be the driver mate. It'll need re-installing. There should have been a driver CD with the PC you've just installed Windows on. Bung that in, and then you'll be sorted.

If you've not got the original CD, then you'll need to download the driver from the internet. If you know the make and model of the sound card, then go to their website and download it from there. If its a soundcard that's built into your motherboard, you'll need to go to the motherboard manufacturers website and download it from there.

It'll be the driver mate. It'll need re-installing. There should have been a driver CD with the PC you've just installed Windows on. Bung that in, and then you'll be sorted.

If you've not got the original CD, then you'll need to download the driver from the internet. If you know the make and model of the sound card, then go to their website and download it from there. If its a soundcard that's built into your motherboard, you'll need to go to the motherboard manufacturers website and download it from there.

any links

cheer's aza im now sorted only problem now is when i turn on the computer iv got 2 choice's i can open my new windows xp or i can open the old account which i wanted rid of the computer is now in 2 partitions how can i delete the old xp altogether please :smirk:

the computer is now in 2 partitions how can i delete the old xp altogether please :smirk:

When you install windows, it asks if you want to delete an old partition. You must have missed that part out by skipping through it too quickly.

The problem you have now is that you can't merge that partition with the system partition, so the only way you can get rid of that partition is by installing Windows all over again.

I'm guessing it is Windows XP home edition you have?

Aii - Briggsy is right there.

I think however, to save you going through through all that again you can either:

1) Look for and download Paragon Partition Manager or Partition Magic and use them to delete partitions in a very simple, user friendly way whilst working in Windows.

2) Right click on 'My Computer' and select 'manage' and within there you can see the partitions that you have and delete accordingly.

3) Furthermore, try this article for another way

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313348

Archived