Jules R1 31/05/08

JasonB

TL created by myself via listening to what Jules says

including spelling how he prounounces things :lol:

Jules 31/05/08

Odessa Soundfreaks - Space Trolley (Yin Yang)

Arturo Silvestre - Tektuyo [Klubbheads Mix] (Konverted Holland)

Sergia Tatchef Anna Basel-Two Worlds

Popmuschi-

Will Atkinson-Cloudsurfing

Polymental - Chapter 1 [Mark Sherry Mix] (Five AM)

Bart Claesson On The blower

Matt Hardwick vs. Gulf – Impossible (White Label)

3 in a row

Ashley Wallbridge – Omega (Auryn Music)

John Dahlback - World Of Love (Pickadoll)

W-Unit-Be The Bass

Charlie G-Synchoronicity

Meck - So Strong [Jose Amnesia Mix] (Frenetic)

Deadmau5age on phone

Andy Tau- (Monster)

Zoo Brazil – Technik (Gung Ho!)

Moonbeam - Seeming Reflection (Songbird Holland)

Reaky - Railroad Trip (Yin Yang)

L-Vee on phone

Airwave - Sunshine In Your Heart (Bonzai)

Jules Mix

No tracklist read out!

Recovery Record-Micky Slim

Nirvana-Come As You Are

Congrats again Christian and Will!

Popmuschi - Gesichtskosmetik (Kosmetik Records 2008)

called in english PopPussy - FaceCosmetic :sweatingbullets:

lets wait for bbc tracklist mate because some are not the right name my padavan jason :pirate:

i was knocking back triple G&T's last night! Thanks to a friend "taking one for the team" in a bar in Peterborough, the girl that works behind the bar sorts us out everytime. We must have had about £30 worth of drink and only paid about a tenner. Good thing is, she actually knows how to make a good G&T.

Had a fine night Saturday, one of those occasions when you pop out for ten minutes & then end up staying out all night, literally.

I woke up in a strange house at 8.30 to the sound of my phone ringing, on answering I had my mom shouting at me, 'you do know you're in work for 9 don't you?' a quick run home followed by a shower & I was ready for a full days work :ermm:

By the way AShley's track is called 'Omega Master' ;)

i was knocking back triple G&T's last night! Thanks to a friend "taking one for the team" in a bar in Peterborough, the girl that works behind the bar sorts us out everytime. We must have had about £30 worth of drink and only paid about a tenner. Good thing is, she actually knows how to make a good G&T.

That's excellent work. There is a massive difference between a good G&T and an average one. Some people just don't understand! B)

As for the tracklisting, it might appear on the BBC website if we make a fuss on here.... it's happened before.

Who is actually in charge of posting tracklists? I know that Dave used to have his updated during the show and he often talked to a woman in the studio at the same time. Whether he still has this routine I do not know, I take no interest in his show anymore.

Who is actually in charge of posting tracklists? I know that Dave used to have his updated during the show and he often talked to a woman in the studio at the same time. Whether he still has this routine I do not know, I take no interest in his show anymore.

Radio 1 had a short-lived policy of updating tracklists 'live' as they were played, but they didn't last long because it was a fairly useless feature. The tracklists were about 20 minutes behind what was playing, and tunes would often be left out so that they could 'catch up' again - so the tracklists were never right.

I never did work out why they were 20 minutes behind - it doesn't take that long to type out an artist and title surely?

Jules writes the tracklistings in note form, and then the data is input directly by someone else into a royalty reporting program through a computer somewhere at the BBC (don't ask me how!). Then somewhere along the line the webmaster gets hold of this info and creates a page on the Radio 1 website. Clearly, this doesn't happen every time because they either don't think it important or quite simply forget to do it. This very website initially evolved purely through the weekly inaccuracies in every weekly tracklisting that was posted on the Radio 1 website.

I remember the live tracklisting thing they had going Briggsy, I'd forgotten about that! The hilarious thing was, that when they did appear they were wrong anyway, lol... all in all, totally unhelpful to any poor new listener to the shows who wouldn't have had a hope in hell in finding out what was really played, which is the whole point of tracklistings!

How hard is it really to compile a tracklist?

I mean DJs know what they're playing & the days of white label vinyl are gone so how difficult is it to jot it down in a notepad document & email it or simply write it by hand & pass it on. You never seen any other stations barring R1 struggle so much with things like this

hm, maybe Jules forgot the TL at his home computer or something.. remember he have had a fairly busy schedule lately.

Anyone tried mailing Jules for the TL?

EDIT: in a nice manor of course... don't throw big letters at the J-man :)

i'm sure he isn't the one responsible for this mess.. not on purpose anyway.

How hard is it really to compile a tracklist? I mean DJs know what they're playing & the days of white label vinyl are gone so how difficult is it to jot it down in a notepad document & email it or simply write it by hand & pass it on. You never seen any other stations barring R1 struggle so much with things like this

Have you seen some of the handwriting of the DJ's that write on their CD's? I'm susprised they can read. Markus Schulz has tons of info on his CD's (BPM, Key, Artist, Title, Remix) - yet none of it is readable :o lol

Archived