Your help requested.. :)

Now I don't know if this is a risky move or not, but i've uploaded a full track to the link below, hopefully hidden. This is a new original track from myself so please, if you have time, download it and send through your feedback - I really value feedback from contributors to this board so you are all very important in my tune production process! Please note it is only 128 kps and the name is likely to change!

Thanks guys! :)

[hide_me]http://www.speedyshare.com/369652652.html[/hide_me]

Edited by thirddrive

as i have started to listen (and like) to more of the newer trance produced today with Jules' move to friday night instead of saturday, i'd love to hear what you have created. I'll let you know my thought´s...

EDIT: interesting style... The track makes me think of Deadmau5, mixed with some DT8'ish trancyness...

I can't help thinking about DJ Scot Project - F (the Future is now)... the way the sound is bend at 1:54 :)

Really like the tune, and the way it returns from the breaks and into the beat again.

One thing though... the piano stabs or whatever its called at fx. 4:31 - 4:54 sound a little bit "sluggish"... or floating... if you know what i mean?

Don't get me wrong here, it's a brilliant sound, i'm just asking for a bit more hardedness or something... the same sound, but with a bit more punch. not sure what it's called :) like when you hit a note on a piano and the sound goes 'dang!'... instead of 'dangggggggg'.

sorry for my poor technical skills.. i'm just all about the ears and what i hear :D

With every track I hear your productions are improving this ones no exception.

The FX that sounds like something The Predator could be changed, and the main riff oriental sounding bit could be altered to give a bit more oomph.

And maybe fiddlewith the double hi hat hit crash aswell.

Other wise its a pretty solid tune to me.

Downloading. Cheers W-Unit ;)

Media format is invalid?

It's an mp3 file, should be no problem opening that! :)

\\Edit//

This has to be played loud. I really like this, and I love the opening. Just needs tiny tweaks really to give it a sheen :D It reminds me of one of those obscure, dark tracks Dangerous Dave would sometimes surprisingly play...

I would suggest looking at the echoes: for the early bass from the first sec (which is superceded by that awesome line at 0.57); for the hi-hat smash and other cymbals which might also be too bright. Some other equalizer changes could give it more cojones and roundedness too. Very nicely constructed though and only makes me more eager to grab a beer with you at some stage!

Everyone seems to be thinking in the right direction. The bass really does it for me that works exceptionally well ... the start of the track works spot on I think just a little more tweaks here and there in the latter part of the track and you will be on your way.

Hey, thanks for the consstructive crticism, it is very much appreciated. Will wait for the last couple of bits then do some tweaking. Although it seems like it's more the mastering than anything...

I think that's what you're getting at too Fuzzy? To make the plucked riff a bit more prominent and punchy?

Overall love the feel of the tune! Got really nice haunting feel to it! Im unsure about the strings that come in at 4.30ish, my opinion is that they dont need to be there mate! or the level taken down a little.

What software did you use to create it mate?

Edited by Hardaway

I use Fruityloops with various plugins...

Thanks for the comments - yes i'm not too sure about the strings either so think turning them down a bit wiill do the trick - i just think there needs to be something slightly different after the break to drive the tune ona litte until the plucked riff returns. Have made some percussion elements queiter now since tajking on board some earlier comments too.

keep them coming, and thanks!

i just think there needs to be something slightly different after the break to drive the tune ona litte until the plucked riff returns

This, I feel, is essential in any production. The track may sound really good at the start but after the breakdown ends it must not return to what the start sounds like in the exact same way. Something must be added in the second half, you are right. I suppose its just a matter of finding out what will work best to give this track "a little extra lift" ;)

I think that's what you're getting at too Fuzzy? To make the plucked riff a bit more prominent and punchy?

Yes, that sounds about right... and i agree with what the other lads are saying about the bass and the extra punch.

Looking forward to hear the tune in it's next phase :)

Yes, that sounds about right... and i agree with what the other lads are saying about the bass and the extra punch.

Looking forward to hear the tune in it's next phase :)

Agree with the above and Tim, Christian. And, like Jason has stated, I think your productions are awesome and you continue to improve with each release...

I look forward to the finished article and keep up the good work :) (!!!)

I'll be honest the first time i listened to it i quickly scanned through it and didnt think much to it like you sometimes do with tracks, im sure we have all been quilty of this at one time or another. But after listening to it properly i think it is really good and has the potential to be quite a big tune especially if the right remixer got his hands on it. It does really remind me a bit of a Push/M.i.k.e/Bonzai sound.

Firstly i would put more of a beefy bassline to it that has more of a stab to it, something like a greg downy/john o'callaghan bang, i would also loose the string type sound that kicks in at 4.31 and speed it up a little. I think all in all that bar a tweek here and there would be the main of the tune done.

Christian im sure you know im not criticising im just giving my take on what i think, it may be that im wrong and what i have said may be to much, whatever keep the good work up and keep me posted matey :thumbsup: