Chavs and Bams

Judge Mental

Right, meant to ask earlier and have almost asked a few times but keep forgetting.

Anyways, my ladyfriend Jo, she's going to Nepal to build schools or something, and her last fundraising / leaving do is a Chavs and Bams theme night. I'm djing, can play anything I can possibly download and have til Saturday to get it.

I'm kinda worried that I've missed really obvious things, though I do have about 5600000 hours of stuff. I'm not talking about chavy music as in really chavy trance. Its more not so obvious classics I may have missed, especially housy stuff.

Just basically what you'd want to hear at a Chavs & Bams theme night when its strictly no real Chavs & Bams allowed, and should be a riot fancy dress wise.

Most of the groundwork has been done I'm just wondering / having I've missed something you can add? Got everything from the Happy Mondays to Picotto to Hed Kandi type stuff to whatever, let your brain go mental with suggestions!

Exactly what it says on the tin, a 'bam' is another word for a ned up here in Glasgow.

Its not a 'dance' night as such, but will be mainly. Its just that I'm well out the loop of chavy music that might sound good (dancy wise) when everyone is dressed to the nines in burberry and socks over their trackies etc.

My mate Fiona is bringing a fooking pram with her lol, and thats all she's told us, but she tends to be the most random person on earth at times so I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. One of my mate's dad is on the door, so his mum's coming as Lily Allen lol.

I'm going oldskool 1991 hardcore festival bound, and just tried my trackies on there, dunno why I bother wearing jeans etc, I can see why chavs wear them, comfy as f***! No bad for £4, 70% off from somewhere lol.

We've also got games such as "don't drop the baby" and "find the all day ticket" with prizes such as Buckfast, 20 fags, or a bottle of MD 20/20 :D

Should be a good laugh!

for chav's "grime" and old "UK Garrdige" is a must. Think Oxide & Neutrino "Bound 4 Da Reload", So Solid Crew "21 Seconds" etc...also how can you not pass up this chance to play the likes of Special D "Come With Me", any Cascada track, that horrible "Poison" track that got caned in the luminars.

Wtf?? How random.

I bet the chick with the pram is going as Vicky Pollard! I asked some chick in Newquay on NYE once if she was dressed as Vicky Pollard (Newquay is fancy dress every NYE). It turns out that she was an actual fat chav with her belly hanging over her trackies. Oops :redface: .

Under-produced US urban music is quite suitable too... the Soljia boy type fare. You could also simply leave a Flip n Fill CD running or check out the dancefloor fillers t/l archives on Scott Mills' page =oP

Cheers for the input but I don't think you're quite getting the direction I'm going in :(

for chav's "grime" and old "UK Garrdige" is a must. Think Oxide & Neutrino "Bound 4 Da Reload", So Solid Crew "21 Seconds" etc...also how can you not pass up this chance to play the likes of Special D "Come With Me", any Cascada track, that horrible "Poison" track that got caned in the luminars.

I simply can't do that lol. The music has to be 'good'. Think thats the music sorted now anyways, done a lot of thinking last night, and the quiz dj in work got us a fooking belter of a PA system last night!

Roll on tomorrow B)

Archived