Fave version of Schiller-Das Glockenspiel

JasonB

Fave version of Schiller-Das Glockenspiel  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Same thing applies as did with tother poll I did.

Only this time, if youre just going to vote and not post summat on this thread please dont bother voting!

Humates Remix all the way, the breakdown still gets me every time, just beautiful stuff, best thing Humate have ever done for me!

I cant remember exactly where I heard it first, probaly the sander Kleinenberg Trance globalairways mixmag cd or a seb fontaine ministry mag one from the same period

Tiesto mix for me. No real reason other than its the one I used to hear most, so therefore grew on me more.

Its not up there with Tiesto's best work though.

EDIT: This is actually one of those tunes that doesn't get mentioned much these days, despite it being a classic back in the day.

What made you think of this Jason - I take it you've heard it again recently and it refreshed your memory?

I had it in mind to do a poll on fave version after the Cafe Del Mar jobby, but yeah I did dig out the orig Data 12" tother day again, I bought the re-release with the edited version on when that came out and was well p***ed off.

Took me a couple years to get hold of the orig release with the full length Humate Remix on and have been happy as Larry ever since.

happy as Larry

No relation to the tune at all lol, but I wonder where that phrase came from? Larry who? My dad has a mate called Larry, and he's as miserable as sin. He reminds me of the old dude off the Royle Family that hardly says anything :lol:

voted Humate.

Think Sasha at GCSSS2000 live on Radio 1 was the first time I heard this tune. I don't even think it got bigger with other DJ's til a few months later if I remember right.

Tiesto's remix is ok, but Humate's version just wins hands down for me.

Are Lily Savage and Anne Savage related? They look quite similar......

I always thought Anne Savage was pretty fit

(Awaits someone to edit this post when quoting it for comic effect)

• 2 weeks later...

can i change my vote? i accidentally voted for the Tiesto mix, but came to realize it's the Humate mix i like the best... It's featured on Tiesto's 'Magik Seven: Live In Los Angeles'... it just fits perfectly into the mix... loving the overall euphoric atmosphere that compilation has. I'd probably vote it for the best trance compilation of all time... one of them anyway. I really like the first 'The Politics Of Dancing' compilation PvD did in 2002 aswell.

• 1 month later...
It's featured on Tiesto's 'Magik Seven: Live In Los Angeles'... it just fits perfectly into the mix... loving the overall euphoric atmosphere that compilation has. I'd probably vote it for the best trance compilation of all time... one of them anyway.

My favourite mix album ever, tune after tune on there.

Archived