Jules official board due revamp

Neuro

After the excellent site re-design of Jules' Official site, it seems that our lovely friends over at the JudgeJules.net messageboard are planning a new board system and/or redesign. I would imagine they will drop their expensive and less flexible UBB.threads software and opt for vBulletin, SMF, or what we have here (Invision Power Board).

The new design (if/when it comes) and likely software update will be a welcome revamp and will hopefully eradicate their spam postings which we managed to eradicate on our board here some time ago (which are done not by humans but actually by automated programs (bots)), not to mention the fact it should all generate more interest and activity on their forums.

I know this is a rival board and community and as such we have probably contributed to the demise of its member activity over the years, but I would genuinely like to see it refreshed and rebranded, and get some spark and interest back into the place. Thoughts?

I've got to be honest, its not the board that is the issue at the Jules board - its the members on there. They're an odd bunch and they seem to just want to look for arguments. 95% of them aren't even Jules fans anyway.

Until the admins have a good clearout of some of the muppets, a revamp won't do much good. it could be the best looking site on the net - but I won't post on the forums for one reason only - and that because of the members.

All I bother with now is the diary and occasionally the mixes. Even the charts and Q&A sections don't get updated much now.

I've said it before, and i'll say it again - Jules should make this his official board. This site is a million times better, has better members because we all like Jules as a DJ (or used to, but still respect what he's done for the industry). If it had Jules's diary each fortnight, and his chart archive, then it'd be the ultimate Jules site.

I started with the official board within a year or so ago and I found it hard to squeeze anything out of it. I was persuaded to come over here and I am very glad I did because there is always something new on these forums every time I check.

I would normally post my mixes and bootlegs on the official board as well as on here but now I have given up on it and cant be bothered. The views go up but the posts sit at 0 covered in dust and cobwebs. This update of theirs should be good if its anything like their update to the main site, I think it looks fantastic.

On the comment about this becoming the official board, I strongly agree. Problem is if that became true this becomes the first choice for them annoying sort of people.

This board has guarenteed policing though so they wouldnt last long on here without being warned and or banned if they did cause trouble.

Monkeyspanker has to be the biggest idiot of the jja board ever though.

I think the downfall of some message boards is the sheer number of people that post on them. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have numbers because it means more opinions and audio ;) but there are bad points. I think if there are loads of people it becomes hard to keep track on whats going on and topics you've posted on because when you next log in, there are like 10 new topics and godknows how many posts since your previous one. You also get a lot of idiots that are posting pointless replies or just going completely off topic.

That's a relection of my personality though. I like it simple :oddcake: .

I agree with Briggsy that they can update their board as much as they want but it doesn't change the people. The official jj board has got better but for a long time I ranked it as the most hostile board on the net. Any new member would get absolutely annihilated after 1 post and that's not what messageboards are about.

I love the audio on here particularly. What an archive. And what splendid mixes by its members also... wonderful.

Thanks you sirs

Archived