British Grand Prix - Silverstone

simonross46

I would have loved to have seen this. I was sat at work and then got home, popped on the tv and there was our man Lewis on the number 1 spot :D I will have to stay up for the repeat tonight instead but it looked like a top race.

Shame that it will no longer be at Silverstone after next year too. It is my favourite circuit cos I was there last year and had the best time of my life.

Just watched this back having hidden myself from the result all day at work, best race for a long time. Bit miffed that I didn't attend as I usually head down to Silverstone, still was magnificent & a great watch

Donnington will need so much work doing to it, hopefully they can get the access issues sorted by 2010.

Ecclestone's fued with the BRDC is ridiculous really, the greedy b*stard is determined to rip people off no matter what, how much money does the old man need? He's already worth billions & is 77 yrs old.

• 3 months later...

TBH, the BRDC has had plenty of warnings from Bernie. Having said that, they have made improvements recently (incl a new dual carriageway and car parks) and had refurbishment plans. Donington has plenty of time to sort themselves out - other countries have built brand new circuits in less than a year. Its the bureaucacy in this country thats the problem.

Some of the new circuits really could be a lot better. China was boring this year, and I really don't rate the first section of corners there - there's little scope to overtake during them. Valencia wasn't up to much and Singapore was only made good by Picquet losing his way. You just can't beat the traditional circuits like Spa, Montreal (sadly now gone), Monza and Hochenheim.

Having said all that, this season has been good with the fight going to the end...although you have to wonder if thats been more to do with the stewarding decisions...that's a thread in itself.

A friend of mine says it is better to watch such things on TV because that way you get to see all the race, otherwise you only see what happens on one corner. Makes perfect sense but just like Steve says, everyone needs to see some sort of race at least once. When I went to Silverstone a few years ago to watch my brother racing I was amazed by the atmosphere. I would like to go to the F1 next year but I plan to do Global Gathering instead, cant have too much expense before Univsersity begins! :(:lol:

There are massive screens everywhere anyway so you can watch TV coverage of the parts of the track you can't see & watch live action when the field streams past your vantage point.

I've been to 6 or 7 grand prix (all at Silverstone) & would recommend it very highly

Its a lot of money to watch something on a big screen, when its free on a small screen! Knowing my luck, I'd be watching the big screen and miss something happening in front of me. I went back in the Mansell-era and enjoyed it, but had to rely on a bloke next to me who had a radio to keep up to date. I guess things have moved on a lot since then.

Archived