Upcoming Jules shows

JasonB

19 July - Live from BCM in Mallorca

26 July - Judge Jules serves up more big room club tunes and chats with more friends on the phone.

2 Aug - Jules co-hosts the show with Ferry Corsten with a show all about Ibiza

9 Aug - Hear sets from Jules & friends recorded at the Radio 1 Ibiza weekend Judgement Sunday (the week before)

Looking good!

The last few weeks have seen something of a return to form for Jules. Sure, his sound has changed from previous years, but i'm liking it. Future shows look good too. I also have a very good idea as to who Briggsy is on about. Shhhh dont tell anyone!

The last few weeks have seen something of a return to form for Jules. Sure, his sound has changed from previous years, but i'm liking it. Future shows look good too. I also have a very good idea as to who Briggsy is on about. Shhhh dont tell anyone!

I agree entirely, I am really enjoying Jules at the minute, I have so many good memories from Jules radio show down through the years

I agree - I must admit, I only like about 20% of the tunes Jules plays these days ('like' as in, tunes I like strongly enough to buy and play in my sets), whereas 3 or 4 years ago, i'd have bought almost everything Jules played - but I feel Jules's sound has 'matured' quite a lot over the last few months. A lot of the average-produced tunes that only Jules would support have gone, and he's now supporting tunes that a lot of other DJ's are playing. His mixing seems to have tightened up a bit again too.

If Jules were to stick to one style in his club sets rather than crossing over across many styles in an hour and a half (which results in a loss of flow), and he ditched the majority of those gimmick bootlegs (ie, the poorly produced ones with well-known rock/indie/pop samples), stopped the dodgy drawn-out looping and annoying platter dragging then he'd be right up there again.

Over the last 18 months, i've been disappointed every time i've seen Jules. Not because of his tunes or mixing - but simply because he's messed about with tunes too much by looping and 'scratching', and he's lost the dancefloor by crossing over too many genres in the space of 90 minutes.

Jules's essential mix a couple of months ago was superb - and the reason why is simple. He stuck to one style throughout his set, and he didn't mess about with tunes. I think that Essential mix highlighted what Jules is still capable of when he sticks to one style and doesn't play around with tunes.

Archived