'Essence'

The Liquid Lounge, Banbury

Saturday July 19th

Lineup

Tom Bailey

John Wright

Stuart James

Official Release

Well after the success of the last Essence, big big thanks to all the dj's who came down it was brill, we have returned to our Trance roots! This time Essence brings you some well known names from the Trance scene.

Opening set duties go to rising young talent "Tom Bailey". With Sets @ Electronic Sessions, Blank/Digital Society, Digitized among others & appearances across the entire country his warm ups have earned him a reputation within the scene, get there early he is one not to be missed!

Tom Bailey's DJ Profile - http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj-profile.aspx?id=3356

Tom Bailey's Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/djtombailey

"John Wright" has been making waves in the UK with sets @ PaSSion, Fixation & with his excellent radio show Euphoric Horizons, which is nearing it's 200th episode! Aswell as sets internationally in the likes of Poland!

John Wright's website - http://www.djjohnwright.co.uk/

~

Making his long awaited debut @ Essence we have "Stuart James" formerly known as Stu J, who again is no stranger to the Trance scene, boasting sets @ PaSSion, Live & Loud among others

Stuart James's Myspace - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=127580951

~~

Date - Saturday 17th July 2008

Venue - Liquid Lounge

Times - 9-3

Entry - Free before 10 £3 after

Dresscode - Smart clubwear, cyber/mad dressers definitely welcome!

Email/Msn - Carolineburns@tranceaddict.net

Tel - Caz on 07890 016872

facebook profile - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1024174996

facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14372765182

myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/essencejts

Liquid Lounge group - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13146681981

For more details enquire within -

Liquid Lounge

The Unicorn

20 Market Place

Banbury

Oxfordshire

OX16 5LJ

01295 263396

Smart club waer sod that how about.... turning up dressed a s a giant strawberry!

:lol: I dare ya

Just been notified that indeed I have three whole hours to myself for this, very much liking that idea ;)

Very much looking forward to tonight's festivities. All being well I'll be using a two hour portion of my set for broadcast on next Monday's Progressive Showcase too so you can experience a little bit of Bailey in your living room ;)

Will endeavour to write up something of a report & try my best to get a tracklist up too tomorrow afternoon

I've been at work all day so you'll forgive any mistakes & can attribute them to tiredness. Still, here goes...

Unlike a few of my other reports this night didn't involve a lengthy or dramatic journey. A quick roll down the M5, M42, M40 & I was into Banbury within an hour, comfortably arriving in the town centre prior to my opening set, I parked up in a reasonably secure looking spot & walked around aimlessly for around 15 minutes looking for the Liquid Lounge. After deciding to re-group to the car in order to grab some things & phone the promoter I noticed that in fact I'd parked pretty much right outside & had somehow missed the rather large & noticable sign advertising the club right behind me, (you can all laugh but John Wright, who played after me, also had the same problem) maybe it was an optical illusion? Anyway into the club I went.

To get into the Liquid Lounge I walked through a neat little courtyard area with ample seating & easy access to an outdoor hatch for the bar, I headed thru & straight into the main room of the building which contained a good size dancefloor, a bar, some seating & much to my delight some ridicously over-sized looking speakers (for a relatively small arena) & a rather huge looking monitor speaker contained within the spacious DJ booth.

The setup within the booth was exemplorary. Personally I've always preferred the Pioneer brand of mixers to any others & was pleased to see a DJM, albeit the slightly older 500 model. Two CDJ800's & a couple of 1210's completed the impressive setup (though since virtually all clubs have now totally dispensed with 12'' decks I no longer carry any vinyl, sad times).

I was booked to play for three hours, something I was very excited about. My previous longest club set had been two hours & I always enjoy playing for longer as it allows so much more flexibility in terms of structure & track selection. Starting out with a half empty club was a challenge in itself, I had to get the punters inside from the mild evening sun & dancing. Thankfully as I got into stride the place filled up nicely & for the final hour or so was totally heaving. Unfortunately there were no facilities to record my set but I do plan on re-creating it for use on the next installment of 'The Progressive Showcase' so keep an eye out for that.

The only slight blemish on an otherwise wonderful evening was a slightly over-enthusiastic (I'm being very kind there) female clubber who wanted to come into the booth for a quick look around. I had no problem with this but did take exception when during a transistion she kept badgering me to listen to her spout some s*** regarding her favourite DJs & then when I politely declined she took it upon herself to mess around with one of the decks randomly tapping the jog wheel & throwing the mix off. Luckily it was on the outgoing track that she messed around, a quick spin-back later & then a firm removal of said clubber & all was well once more. It did prompt a rather funny moment as a guy approached the booth informing me that 'you done well to keep your cool there mate, I've had nutted the bitch', I shrugged this off & just smiled but then noticed that the offending female was in fact his missus, 'nut the bitch' indeed :lol:

Aside from that incident (& a drunken fitty who asked if she could suck my nipple) my set went off without alarm & I had a fantastic time behind the decks. My playlist is below...

01 - Glenn Morrison 'Cosmic Flight' [Hope]

02 - NOP 'Cubic Loop' (D-Nox & Beckers Remix) [bUS]

03 - Dataworx 'Pressure' [Dataworx Digital]

04 - Patch Park 'Synced' [Little Mountain]

05 - Joey Fehrenbach 'Don't Wake Me' (Bart van Wissen Main Mix) [Morrison]

06 - tyDi ft Keisha 'Fool' (Mainroom Mix) [Electronic Elements]

07 - BSOD 'Last Life' [Xfer]

08 - Kaskade & Deadmau5 'Move For Me' (Instrumental) [ultra]

09 - Ariel 'A9' (Paul Thomas GK Electric Mix) [Maelstrom]

10 - Robert Babicz 'Dark Flower' (Joris Voorn Magnolia Mix) [Audiomatique]

11 - Glenn Morrison 'Gravity Falling' [Pilot 6]

12 - Jerome Isma-ae & Strobe 'Monkey Square' [Pilot 6]

13 - Paul Keeley 'A Sort of Homecoming' (Jaytech Saturday Mix) [Anjuna Deep]

14 - Johan Vermeulen 'Do Not Cross' [Anjuna Deep]

15 - Serge Devant 'Sweet Harmony' (Jerome Isma-ae Remix) [ultra]

16 - Lauren Garnier 'The Man With The Red Face' (Kre8 Edit) [CD-R]

17 - Sam Ball 'Aperture' (Michael Cassette Remix) [brownEyedBoyz]

18 - Nadia Ali 'Crash & Burn' (Sultan & Ned Shepard Remix) [smile In Bed]

19 - Max Graham 'Crank' (Yos***oshi]

20 - Santiago Nino 'Re-Charge' (Niklas Harding Remix) [Relic]

21 - Moldan & Isma-ae 'White Lobster' (Remy Remix) [68]

22 - Russell G 'Whiplash' [Magik Muzik]

23 - Mr Pit 'Shana' (Duderstadt Progressive Dub) [Coldharbour]

24 - Marco V & Sander van Doorn 'Organic' [in Charge]

25 - Ocenlab 'Miracle' (Fletch Remix) [Anjuna Beats]

26 - George Acosta ft Aruna 'Fallin Backwards' (Duderstadt Uplifting Dub) [sound Piercing]

27 - Nic Chagall 'Sky Blue' [High Contrast]

28 - Orjan Nilsen 'La Guitarra' (Marcus Schossow Remix) [Armind]

29 - Wippenberg pres Sphaera 'Front' [black Hole]

30 - Eye Wall 'Bad Deal' (Remy & Roland Klinkenberg Remix) [Captivating]

John Wright then took over from me playing for another two hours. I've known John thru various forums & message boards for a while now but this was our first face to face meeting, I was extremely impressed with the opening hour or so of John's set that I caught & some previews of work from his new label (Upbeat Music) sounded excellent.

After mingling with the assmebled crowd & chatting to a few other guys from various boards I reluctantly departed, working on a Sunday is never much fun & I didn't wana be total incoherent (that's my excuse anyway).

I'd definately recommend Essence as a night out & would like to convey massive thanks to Caz & all involved for a wonderful evening.

Beats any of Jules's Diary reports! :lol:

I knew my English degree would come in handy some day, I'd just hoped it would be as a high flying exec or marketting PR man, still writing diary style reports of nights out is a start isn't it? :lol:

Very interesting report Tom.

BTW Tom, what job do you do?

'Interesting' :lol: hope that was the case. My staple job is working as head of customer services for a well known supermarket (in branch). I'm looking to move on though so I don't have to lose the odd weekend

Good report... even better t/l!

Thanks mate.

The entire set now looks set for broadcast as I'm working on extending the next edition of 'The Progressive Showcase' to a whooping three hour special!

Awesome - if you have the mix recorded, please do share it with us all!!! 3 hrs of interesting progressiva is always welcome!!!

Waiting on getting 100% confirmation from sense.fm then I'll be hosting the show for broadcast on Monday 28th via http://www.sense.fm Progressive channel, I'm sure I can upload it at some point after broadcast too ;)

Archived