July Mix 2008

Well I had planned my July mix quite a while ago, but after the immediate success of my new bootleg I have pushed the plan aside and whipped up a completely new mix from scratch to celebrate. I feel some of the tracks are nothing exactly special but they all work together to reach the explosive ending ;)

http://www.4shared.com/file/55440742/aa1ef..._Guestmix_.html

The mix also going to be used as a guestmix for my mate Daniel Mahuad and his new 'Global Influence' show: www.myspace.com/globalinfluenceradio

1. Moonforce and Mark Versluis - Indigo (Alan O'Marshall Remix) [White Label]

2. Above and Beyond - Oceanic (Super 8 and Tab Remix) [Anjunabeats]

3. Albert Vorne - Ares (Mac Zimms Remix) [Club Elite]

4. Amex vs Saint Rush - Distant Worlds (Carl B Remix) [Camouflage]

5. Mike Foyle - Shipwrecked (Gareth Emery Remix) [Armind]

6. Majai - Lightwave (Mike Foyle Remix) [Hardwired Productions]

7. Simon Ross - Sex in a Bulgarian Disco [White Label Bootleg]

I have had a go at including lables as well (using Discogs) but whether they are correct or not is beyond my knowledge :lol:

Moving into more detail I think the first transition is very sudden, and when I returned to try again I could make it sound better but I can not find the enthusiasm to record again. I am very happy with the rest of the mix though so do have a listen :)

Cheers

i just listened it through again, and i'd say track 2 could be replaced with a more techy track to keep the pace the first track builds up. It's like the breakdown kinda kills the flow...

maybe im thinking too much in terms of how it would work in a club, but thats the only track i can think of might need to be replaced in order to make this mix score 100 instead of 90 on my scale ;)

btw, i really dig Mike Foyle - Shipwrecked (Gareth Emery Remix)... specially the part at 20:42... i think it reminds me of another great piano trancer from a few years back... probably a tune jules played.

i know its a shot in the dark, but any ideas?

Archived