Energy 52 - 'Café Del Mar (Deadmau5 Mix)

JasonB

To be fair I think it's hats off to him for consistently churning out the hits. A lot of producers get a breakthrough with a track then have no backup to cement their place within the public conscious, Deadmau5 just stockpiled a load of stuff so that he could release a wave of tracks in quick succession. It worked for him & thought I accept that some people feel it's overkill now a lot of what he's released recently was made quite a while ago anyway

To be fair I think it's hats off to him for consistently churning out the hits. A lot of producers get a breakthrough with a track then have no backup to cement their place within the public conscious, Deadmau5 just stockpiled a load of stuff so that he could release a wave of tracks in quick succession. It worked for him & thought I accept that some people feel it's overkill now a lot of what he's released recently was made quite a while ago anyway

Thats just the problem really - its overload. I've got nothing against him, or nothing against his tunes - i'm just sick of seeing his name plastered everywhere and hearing everyone rave on about him. He's going to become a victim of his own success because people will grow tired of him. If he keeps churning out stuff this often, then I give him two years at the height of his career befor ehe vanishes. I bet he breaks into the top 100 DJ's poll this year simply because he's churned out 576,089 productions.

if the quality is there i dont see the problem. I rate deadmau5 and will always check his stuff. His essential mix was a little anal playing mostly his stuff i agree, but to be honest, his average is better than most producers best.

Energy 52 will be constantly remixed through the forthcoming generations.

Energy 52 will be constantly remixed through the forthcoming generations.

Yep that's absolutely correct, regardless of how many people say they are tired of new versions of this track producers will always attempt to remix it, for one it seems that anyone who tries gets massive attention (be it good or bad) & they're discussed a lot over the net, therefore building up immense interest

Thing is what remixes have there been up to last years Raul Rincon house remix? all trance remixes well bar hybrid and nalin & kane and Oliver Leibe if you want to classify them as progressive-simply no house mixes, now we are getting some which is great and that should be the end of it.

Aaaarghhhh!! I haven't heard this remix but the constant remixing of 'classics' is the equivalent of unearthing the graves of past legends such as Einstein to see if they have anything else to contribute!! Wouldn't mind if it was a five or ten yearly thing but it seems to be constant!!

fully agree. Its quick and easy though. It gives people something new, but at they same time, they already know it if that oxymoron makes sense.

To be fair though, it is annoying at the amount of classics being rehashed.

Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar

Forthcoming AATW Release | Updated: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 03:47:01 +0100 | Viewed: 1070 Times

AATW Image

A track that needs no introduction, Cafe Del Mar, the seminal Ibiza anthem is back for 2008 with new mixes from Deadmau5, Dave Robertson, Out Of Office, Da Bruck & Klein and Oliver Lang! The Out Of Office mix has already hit #1 on the Buzz Chart and along with the Deadmau5 mix has received plays from the likes of Tong and Jules.

The 2008 release will be available digitally and physically on 12" single on the 1st of September, tracklistings as below plus some of the classic mixes will be available on digital download in the UK for the very first time.

12" Vinyl

1. Deadmau5 Remix

2. Da Bruck & Klein Remix

3. Dave Robertson Remix

4. Oliver Lang Remix

Digital Download EP1

1. Deadmau5 Remix

2. Out Of Office Remix

3. Da Bruck & Klein Remix

4. Oliver Lang Remix

5. Oliver Lang Remix

6. Dave Robertson Remix

7. Whelan & Di Scala Remix

8. Three N One Remix

Edited by JasonB

I'm really not into 'Hi Friend' just does nothing for me, he hasn't really changed his sound with it though. If you listen to his earlier stuff (i.e. before 'Faxing Berlin' which is where people seem to think he started) then there's a lot of similarity to 'Hi Friend'. He started out making electro stuff & kinda stumbled across the 8th note formula with 'Jaded' & 'Faxing Berlin'

• 3 weeks later...