Olympics

Max Kane

Seems pretty apt to have a thread I feel, I'm not massively into the Olympics but I do enjoy watching the swimming a lot & feel that it's easily the most exciting sport within the games. Having competed as a swimmer for around 10 years when I was younger it's great to see some of the guys & girls I used to know swimming in the biggest events in the sport, wonder where I'd have been had I carried on? :lol:

It is a little annoying that the Americans have dictated that the finals be on at such an obscene time though just to satisfy their prime time viewing, the prospect of being up at 3am to watch doesn't exaclty excite me.

Anyone else following any particular sports?

The tennis should be good this year since most of the big hitters are after Olympic supremacy so I'll be watching that along with the rowing, boxing and track events, oh and the cycling too. Basically, any sport we stand a chance at winning any metal! I think the yanks have a lot of say about times since it's US companies who plough lots of sponsorship money into the games so naturally they want their products seen by the US public.

It's awesome that you know people competing in the swimming competitions; I dare say you're willing them on!

I believe the Olympics should not host sports which have their own competitions elsewhere. For example, why should football exist in the Olympics? And tenpin bowling? If they carry on adding sports, it will degrade what it stands for... at this rate we'll have baseball as an Olympic sport, or darts ::

Didn't watch the finals live this morning but just viewed some highlights, Phelps' swim was outstanding & came in one of the disciplines where I thought he'd be most tested, be fantastic if he could break Spitz' record

I believe the Olympics should not host sports which have their own competitions elsewhere. For example, why should football exist in the Olympics? And tenpin bowling? If they carry on adding sports, it will degrade what it stands for... at this rate we'll have baseball as an Olympic sport, or darts ::

haha if they did include darts least we could get a gold , silver and bronze. cmon the power taylor hahaha

I've been catching a few bits before I'ved had to go to work the past few days, I watched us vs japan archery and some gymnastics, dressage and last night the highlights of the womens road race.

Darts should be an olympic sport STANDARD!

Great to see us winning our first swimming gold this morning, also great to see Liam Tanc**k (whom I used to compete against regularly) making the 100m backstroke final

:lol: at the censoring of Liam's surname Tanc0ck

I agree! At the way things are going, they'll add test match cricket to the Olympics - and then it'll drag out for 3 months :o

I waswatching some womens volleyball today. I'm not your typical 'lad' that would watch it to look at the chicks but I found it quite exciting! The chicks weren't very hot but the action was on a knife-edge! Was quite ironic that the Georgians beat the Russians after the obvious invasion of Georgia by the Russians! One chick nearly passed out from heat exhaustion!

Archived