Berbatov

Uberduck

Hmmmm <_< , me thinks that if you leave your No.1 stiker out in an away game that you eventually lost, then he is almost certainly on his way out. Surely this spells the end for Berbatov at Spurs and means we will have a world class striker into Old Trafford :) .....

It's an absolute must that we sign a striker before the start of the season as Ronny doesn't look an inclusion until October and Saha is unsurprisingly injured.

Perhaps Berbatov is a bit moody and is accused of only playing when he want's to but surely at a club like United he'd sort his temperament out?

Alex Ferguson wont be long sorting out his temper.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would agree that his absence from the starting line up today spells of Berbatov's Spurs career....although he did come on as a substitute late into the game

Personally I think he is a bit over-rated, he has yet to establish himself as the brilliant player he is hyped up to be...

Personally I think he is a bit over-rated, he has yet to establish himself as the brilliant player he is hyped up to be...

Have to say I disagree with that, watching him over the past 2 years you can clearly see he's a classy player, great touch & awareness. The fact he's had 2 very very good seasons with Spurs shows that he can cut it in the Premier League, not to mention the success he enjoyed in Europe with Leverkusen

Spurs are better off without him now to be honest. My mate is a Spurs fan, and i've been with him twice this year to see Spurs play (villa in January, last Sunday in a pre-season friendly). In both games, he stood around like he couldn't be bothered, and if the ball came towards him, he tried not to get involved.

He clearly doesn't want to play for Spurs - and when he's showing body language like that, it doesn't exactly create a good impression. If a player wants to go to a bigger club, then there's only one way to do it - play out of his skin to show he can cut it.

Although Berbatov is good, I think he's very over-rated - I don't think he'd fit in at Man Utd. He'd fit in more with Chelsea's style of play.

Briggsy basically summed up what I was trying to say about Berbatov in his comment above....

Its his general body language and attitude towards his fellow Spurs players that I dont like about him. As I have previously said he has yet to prove himself among the big guns and he must drop that attitude and concentrate on his game 100% of the time.

It is becoming quite annoying now and I too agree he is over-rated - certainly not worth what they are asking for.

This is becoming worse than the Owen Hargreaves saga. Tom hit it spot up there - "feeder club".

Man U took Carrick off Spurs for waaayyy too much £s and same here. Clubs like Spurs and West Ham bring in awesome players only to be nabbed for the bigger clubs - shame really!

Utd should go looking themselves like they did with Anderson and Nani.

I wouldn't class Spurs as a 'feeder' club. Feeder clubs are clubs that bring a player thoruhg their youth system and then flog him to a bigger club, or buy a player for peanuts, and sell him at profit - but perhaps not quite what he's worth.

Spurs buy players, and then they either get offered silly money for them - or ask a silly asking price, and then a club comes along and actually pays it (such as Man Utd). If a club over-prices a player, and some team is daft enough to pay it, you can't knock them for it - fair play to them.

I can't say i'm too keen on Spurs - but some of the things they do in the transfer market is quite clever. It has to be said though, they're often guilty of paying over-inflated prices too - such as Darren Bent and David Bentley. They pay a lot of money out, and all they're ever going to gain for it is perhaps a position or two higher in the league. They'll never be able to compete with the "big four".

I wouldn't class Spurs as a 'feeder' club.

I did say 'glorified' feeder club, which they are. Look at all the players they've sold over the years to 'bigger' clubs, as soon as Keane knew Liverpool were interested he was off, as soon as Utd show an interest in Berbatov he makes all the noises to indicate he wants to leave.

I think Berbatov would thrive at Utd, Fergie doesn't tolerate sulking types & to be fair I doubt he'd want to upset anyone there, he'd just want to play & win things. Fergie's man management skills are second to none, he gets the best out of his players almost all of the time & seems to be able to adapt his approach to differing personalities.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm watching pictures of Berbatov in the East Stand of Old Trafford :D:D .

What the f**k has happened with City today? It's insane. They've been taken over by Arabs and are rampant in the transfer market. Just hearing a deal with Madrid has been agreed for Robhino for £32.5m. How very strange seen as though he obviously wants to go to Chelsea. Conspiracy theory??

Well excited about Berbatov at Old Trafford. Glad we've got rid of sick note :ill: now though as he was becoming a burden.

Gotta love the transfer window, everyone goes a bit mad in the last day or so.

We've made a good couple of signings, Matt Hill from Preston & Jason Shackell from Norwich, exactly the kind of players we required & at good prices too, also offloaded Elliot which is a bit of a brucey.

It's daft how everyone has the whole summer to do business but rush in the last hours. I get that people are trying to save money by pushing deals to the last minute but it's insane.

It's the equivalent of xmas last minute shopping (which I always do myself due to bad organisation!).

Robhino at Eastlands though? Wtf? Makes me laugh at Chelsea though as their spending power is crushed by City now. Robhino had to go somewhere as he made such a fuss about leaving that he caused irreparable damage within Madrid but he's such a hypocrite as he said City was the club for him.

Do you think todays purchase of City was planned to be publised on this day? So coincidental <_< .

Robinho has basically admitted by going to City that it's $ that rule his head not football. Berbatov deal is a very good one for both clubs as Spurs couldn't keep him after all that has happened & they get a juicy payment plus Frazier Campbell on loan for the season too.

Everyone knows the big last minute deal was Wolves signing Exeter defender George Friend for an undisclosed fee though

Robinho has basically admitted by going to City that it's $ that rule his head not football. Berbatov deal is a very good one for both clubs as Spurs couldn't keep him after all that has happened & they get a juicy payment plus Frazier Campbell on loan for the season too.

Everyone knows the big last minute deal was Wolves signing Exeter defender George Friend for an undisclosed fee though

I agree brother, money speaks louder than words...I still cant believe he joined Man City,,,,

Archived