Serato...

Wakey

What works for some doesn't work for others, personally I think that the manipulation of a jog wheel is more accurate than vinyl anyway. I accept that Serato et al have many wonderful features but for now I'll stick with my CDJs, nothing to do with 'opening my mind', it's just what I like to use & am comfortable with

So does serato work out the bpm for you, link up mp3 tracks with vinyl somehow so you just go 1,2,3,4 with the vinyl and bang in the mix? I still don't see how that works, if vinyl is on the decks surely you play out that music, but if it just links it up with the action do you just keep the same vinyl on the deck all the time? Am I stupid?

It does not sound as skilled as doing it the hard way :(

Yeah, beatmatching is the important bit, I am not really interested in special effects and things like that, I mainly like to find tunes that go really well together

It does sound like if the program works out the bpm for you then anyone can do it, if you can scratch on CD decks now why would you need serato?

Wicked...but if I was watching a scratch dj I would still like to see them throwing on actual records, I suppose you could do both? It is good how the program copies a track so if you want to do loads of beat juggling you would not have to buy two of the same all the time! Hang on, scratch djs mark their records out, on serato you can't put markers on the vinyl?

Thanks for the video!

Hang on, scratch djs mark their records out, on serato you can't put markers on the vinyl?

They don't need to, you can set up to 5 cue points per song, and you can set it so that wherever on the Serato vinyl you drop the needle it goes to the 1st cue point!

And yeah you can still use normal records.

I'm guessing something like Traktor can be used as a solo program and doesn't need to have any external turntables wired up to work does it? I know Virtual DJ has a timecode vinyl mode, but I can still use it as a stand-alone program.

Yeah, so can Serato. You have three modes. Internal, Relative and Absolute.

Archived