Who was / is now your favourite DJ(s) Producer(s)?

Max Kane

This thread title generated some interesting conversation via another board so thought I would quiz you lot on it? Basically who used to be your favourite/favourites both DJs & Producers & who is currently doing the business for you?

Guess mine would be...

DJs

Past - PvD, Armin, Marco V, Markus Schulz

Present - Niklas Harding, Markus Schulz, Andrew Bennett, Prydz

Producers

Past - Perry O'Neil, M.I.K.E, Marco V, PvD, Gabriel & Dresden, Robert Nickson, Andy Moor, L-Vee, Sander van Doorn.

Present - Prydz, Jerome Isma-ae, Tiger Stripes, Sultan & Ned Shepard, Gareth Emery, Glenn Morrison, Mat Zo, Deadmau5.

Thoughts...

DJs

Past - Electroheadz Judge Jules. P.V.D . Tiesto .

Present - Judge Jules, Gareth Emery, Armin, Matt Hardwick,

Producers

Past - Darren Tate, Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, P.V.D. Ect...

Present -Aly & Fila, Kyau & Albert, Ali Wilson, Maor Levi, Dash Berlin, Will Atkinson, Richard Durand, Gareth Emery,

I could name alot more but couldnt be bothered @ the minute -_-

Personally....

DJs

Past: Tiesto, Ferry Corsten, Armin, Marco V, Johan Gielan, Judge Jules, Pete Tong

Present: Prydz, Gareth Emery, John O Callaghan, Simon Patterson, Judge Jules, Richard Durand,ATB

Producers:

Past: Tiesto, Armin, Darren Tate, P.V.D. Lange, Michael Woods

Present: Ali Wilson, Prydz, John Dahlback, Gareth Emery, Richard Durand, John O Callaghan

DJ's - Past:

Judge Jules, Ferry Corsten, Mauro Picotto, Danny Rampling

DJ's - Present:

Richard Durand, Eddie Halliwell, Marcel Woods, Barry Connell (R.I.P), Dave Pearce, Markus Schulz

Favourite DJ of all time: Judge Jules. Nobody comes close to his old form and style of 1999/2000. A very unique sound, a very energetic style, and great set building. If the DJ Mag poll was as big in 2000 as it is now, Jules would have been number 1 without a doubt. Its a shame how things change :(

Producers - Past:

Ferry Corsten, Tiesto, Cosmic Gate, DuMonde (JamX & De Leon), Signum, Mauro Picotto, Fred Baker, M.I.K.E (Push), Yves Deruyter.

Producers - Present:

Richard Durand, Marcel Woods, John O'Callaghan, Paul Webster, Greg Downey, Cosmic Gate, Sander van Doorn, Markus Schulz, Bryan Kearney.

Favourite producer of all time: Ferry Corsten - I own more of his tunes than any other artist, so that must be for a reason. Cosmic Gate are a close second though - in the 8 years i've been DJ'ing, these guys have been the most consistent around. Not many other artists can change their sound to stay sounding fresh with the modern scene, and still remain as successful.

Sorry Briggsy but I cut & pasted yours with a few alterations as it's pretty much spot on my thoughts too.

DJ's - Past:

Judge Jules, PVD, Mauro Picotto, Tall Paul (some sets I've seen at Gods etc have been wicked)

DJ's - Present:

Judge Jules, Eddie Halliwell, John O'Callaghan, Marcel Woods (on his better days)

Producers - Past:

Cosmic Gate, DuMonde (JamX & De Leon), Mauro Picotto, M.I.K.E (Push), Yves Deruyter, S.H.O.K.K, DJ Scot Project.

Producers - Present:

Richard Durand, Marcel Woods, John O'Callaghan, Paul Webster, Cosmic Gate, Sander van Doorn.

Past Djs :

Fergie, Judge Jules, Tiesto, Tim Westwood, Ed Real, Dave Pearce

Present Djs :

Eric Prydz, Judge Jules, Mark Eteson, Chris Lake

Past Producers :

Marco Bailey, Valentino Kanzyani, JDS, Zzino, Green Martian, Carlo Resoort (4 Strings)

Present Producers :

Simon Patterson, Roman Flugel, Mark Sherry, Deadmoos, Fergie, Nu NRG, Airwave

Dj's Past; Ferry Corsten, Scott Bond, Jules, Mauro Picotto, Scott Bond, Tall Paul, Brandon Block(!)

Dj's Current; Pete Tong, Paolo Mojo, Dave Spoon, Eric Prydz, Steven Angello, Axwell, Dubfire, Laurent Garnier, Mark Knight, Micky Slim

I presonally think Pete Tong is bang on form right now, i've seen him several times this year and caught him a handful of times last year. I like his "new" sound. He has been very consistent over the last 18 months. He plays house music the way i like it, dark, dirty and bass heavy.

As you can see, i used to be big into trance, that phase came just after my speed garage phase. I've always been a house head though. It's always been there, in the background.

Producers past; Ferry Corsten, 187 Lockdown, Serious Danger, Matt Darey, Lange, Scot Project, Rhythm Masters, Deep Dish, Todd Terry.

Producers current; Deadmau5 (the best producer around right now, no mistake), Dave Spoon, James Talk, Dubfire, Fedde Le Grand, Tim Davison, Radio Slave, Lutzenkirchen, Axwell, Eric Prydz, Micky Slim.

All time favourite producer; I was tempted to say Ferry Corsten. His output is phenominal, and the consistency is very high considering how many tunes/remixes he's put out. But, i'm going for someone who represents my sound a bit better. I loved them way back when and i still like their productions - The Rhythm Masters. Remixers extraordinare. They were able to turn the most dross track into a right on big club stomper. Their cut up filtered disco sound was right up my street. House music needs them to come back. Their records caught the vibe of a saturday night perfectly - even when Jules used to play their stuff.

Past

DJS: Tong, Jules, Oakie, Big Al, Sasha

Producers: M.I.K.E., L-Vee, Basement Jaxx, Shiloh, Prodigy, Underworld, Rhythm Masters, Futureshock, Matt Darey,

Now

DJS: Tom Bailey, Fabio, Above & Beyond, Jules,

Producers: Boom Jinx, Maor Levi, Fragmente, Mr V, Jaytech, Greg Downey,

• 5 months later...

DJ's - Past: Judge Jules, Ferry Corsten, Paul Van Dyk, (I am only basing these on radio shows or mix CDs as Im thinking of times before I could go clubbing)

DJ's - Present: Judge Jules, Eddie Halliwell, Simon Patterson, Above & Beyond, Armin, Paul Van Dyk

Favourite DJ of all time: Judge Jules

I dont have much to say that differs from what Briggsy said really but quite simple Jules through his Radio shows has introduced me to so much of the music that I love and pretty much all of my favourite productions I heard him play first. His live sets from 99/2000 are legendry and the mixing and set structure was excellent - if only I was old enough then to go see him live. I first got to see Jules in 2003 which was still a good time for him but there weren't so many good tunes around which aint his fault. I saw him at Judgement Sundays the first time and that was an amazing set - I remember coming back and realising there was still alot of good trance music around where I had started to think there was none as the radio shows at the time seemed to be focussing more on the house side of Jules' style - I think he'd lost the Friday show and the Saturday one was more commercially friendly. But anyway Jules is a legend and massive contributor to the whole history of dance and trance music.

Producers - Past: Ferry Corsten (System F, Moonman etc) Jules & Masterson (Hi-Gate, Clergy, VPL, Yomanda etc), Vincent De Moor, Mauro Picotto (what on Earth happened to him!!), 4-Strings, Dogzilla, Dumonde (DJ Jam X & De Leon)

Producers - Present: Heatbeat, Richard Durand, Marcel Woods (perhaps more a couple of years ago), Simon Patterson, Above & Beyond

Favourite producer of all time: Ferry Corsten -

In his prime (99) this man was responsible at least in part for so many classics - the best trance from that period pretty much all had some involvement from Ferry. His solo productions (system f - out of the blue and moonman - dont be afraid/galaxia for example) colaborations (gouryella, veracocha - carte blanche) his remixes (lovechild - liberta (moonman), pulp victim - the world 99 (moonman)) These are just some of his amazing productions and remixes and many of these were what really attracted me to trance in the first place. Without these tunes Im not sure I'd have got into trance music in such a big way. His current stuff has deviated alot from what he used to make but I do like some of his more recent work too.

Right then Past DJ's

My faves were:

Ellis Dee and Slipmat for some time and then

Tony de Vit/ Sister Bliss/ Seb Fontaine/ Ian M/ Tall Paul/ Pete Wardmen / JFK/ John 00 Fleming/ Arial/ and a bit of Judge Jules and a tad of PVD

Producers att Prft... well weren't too bothered about who was making tunes, Definitely loved ROLLO though and Westbam and Junior Vasquez and of course Mauro Picotto was once man of the moment. BT and SIGNUM!!!

Used to like Corsten and Tiestos stuff, Thrillseekers, PvD possibly. Although I did love the original Prodigy stuff, (I'm talking first album stuff here)Orbital/ Slipmat before that etc etc before that.

DJ's now Judge Jules and Eddie Halliwell. ( as you can tell from the difference in the size of the lists, I don't go out soo much these days)

Producers atm Will Atkinson and Heatbeat are my faves. Although I am quite liking the new Julesy album too.

God what a nightmare!! I think I got it all in there.

Plus a few handfuls of locally known DJ's like Rich B, Paul Hillyer, Danny Howells, Anthony Coombes, Mark Rolfe, blah de blah de blah!! -_-

I have never ever liked Dave Pearce though!!!

Archived