Will Atkinson-"Slipped Disc"

Chrissie Brown

I wanted to send him my bootleg

That would be cool B) . I'm sure Dave would like to get his hands on it. Just out of curiosity Simon, do you send your promo's on write protected discs to stop DJ's ripping them and giving to mates or do you just send an mp3? I know it'd be in your interest for it to be handed about but I always wondered that surely if a track was pending release (I'm not saying yours is) it would be terminal for a DJ to give it to DJ 'X' who then handed it out wily nilly.

I guess you can't really stop it but in the digital age it must be a problem for producers. Gone are the days of spending a fortune having vinyls created!

P.s. Surely this must be in the 'Music Discussion' category ;):D .

it would be terminal for a DJ to give it to DJ 'X' who then handed it out wily nilly.

I send over MP3 links to DJ's. The big names I find trustworthy cos they must know what it would be like to have their music sent out. DJ's who aren't big names are quite often good friends and understand not to send my work to randomers.

I came across something shocking today though, somebody has listened to my bootleg 'Good Ascent' and only gone and made their own bloody version of it! ... search 'Good Ascent' on You-Tube :rolleyes: The good thing is nobody knows who made it so they do a Google search and find me in the list B)

I will make sure to get the Bulgarian Disco bootleg sent over to that e-mail as well. Not wanting to steal the thread though - I must say its very good that other DJ's apart from Jules are taking a shine to Atkinson's work now. It must mean something ;)

I send over MP3 links to DJ's. The big names I find trustworthy cos they must know what it would be like to have their music sent out. DJ's who aren't big names are quite often good friends and understand not to send my work to randomers.

It seems even some big names aren't trustworthy. I asked John O'Callaghan ages ago about his remix of Congress - 40 miles (before it had been signed to a label), and he said it wasn't coming out. He said only THREE big name DJ's had been sent a copy at the time, and it had already leaked onto the internet - he wasn't amused at all.

Its more than likely their 'filterers' - but if they're leaking tracks, then they should be sacked and replaced surely.

Wasn't Mario Piu fined a few years ago for illegally downloading/sharing too?

Ahhh, Mario Piu. He was a bit of an :oddcake: . Made that bloody annoying 'Communication' track with the constant mobile phone ringing :angry: . The Yomanda remix was quite bouncy and joyful but still annoying. Wish someone had have answered the phone and then the track would have had less of it in and more Yomanda bosh.

Archived