Quality weekend

Robin

Howdy folks... guess who ended up playing at the Kiss 2020 event in North London on Sat night???

Yup... me!!! I played a short set in the funky house arena infront of thousands of people then played back to back with Brandon Block before going into the next door arena to join Jules for the rest of the night. About 300 people must have followed me when I went to join Jules and I had a sorta Pied Piper effect on them. Lots of people wanted my pic with Jules as well as pictures of just me. The best thing was when I was walking the short 10 mins walk back home... loads of people were stopping me for autographs! All I can say is that it was a truly awesome night and I haven't seen Jules having so much fun in a long time. I will honestly remember that night for a very long time, especially since I made history on that night. Essentially, every single DJ playing has been a part of Kiss FM at some point in their careers either when it was a pirate or a legal station. I was the only DJ there who played who didn't actually have any links to Kiss FM and I was playing their 20th anniversary bash... such a quality night. I also met the guy who set up Kiss 20 years ago and the guy who gave Jules his first break on radio... such a quality guy and certainly was instrumental in breaking down barriers for dance music and hip hop... his girlfriend was rather nice too!

I think about 15,000 were there in total but there could have been more. I think I played the following tunes that night:

Unknown 'Stunk of Punk'

Hysteric Ego 'Want Love'

Deux 'Sun Rising Up'

Skorpio 'Rock Chic'

Tim Deluxe 'Just won't do'

... along with a load more I can't remember!!!

Was a damn good night!

That's great to hear Robin, cheers for letting us all know - sounded brilliant! Jules joined Radio 1 in october '97 (as you can see from the TLs on here) and apparently beforehand his Kiss FM shows were class, Friday & Saturday nights 3 hours each which were incredibly popular... I don't know if there are any tracklistings from then knocking around by any chance?

Did you honestly just ask that question??? An accent is an integral part of how you express yourself when you are speaking. It gives you a regional stamp to let others know where you are from. It enables you to pronounce certain dialects which are privy to your part of the world. Everyone has an accent but the typical 'non-accent' is described as a person having 'received pronounciation' and is commonly the sort of accent BBC newscasters had during the 80's.

Archived