Inferno @ GH2, Coventry. Friday 3rd October - 10pm til 4am

Briggsy

• 3 weeks later...
This coming Friday kids :D

Anyone coming along?

I think I might try to pop along :lol:

I'm looking forward to it now. New night, new venue and so far, the feedback is looking positive so I hope all of those that say they're going to come turn up, and then we should have a good crowd :D

Fingers crossed! B)

Tonight's the night ;)

Shall be embarking around 8.30 with some good warm-up music for the journey. Full weekend report shall follow also featuring tomorrow's shenanigans at Passion. Shaping up to be a rather huge weekend :thumbsup:

It was pretty quiet to be honest mate, which was disappointing because we've put tons of promotion into this event. It'd been heavily flyered, posters all over the city, local press coverage on BBC radio and via the three local papers - plus all the internet promotion.

I can only put it down to Jules and Micky Slim being in the city the night afterwards :(

It was pretty quiet to be honest mate, which was disappointing because we've put tons of promotion into this event. It'd been heavily flyered, posters all over the city, local press coverage on BBC radio and via the three local papers - plus all the internet promotion.

I can only put it down to Jules and Micky Slim being in the city the night afterwards :(

Don't be disheartened sir. Have a mind of determination and make your rod as hard as steel! The city clearly needs these nights and Trance must reign again.

We wish you good luck, sirs! B)

Don't be disheartened sir. Have a mind of determination

Cheers matey! Yeah we're definately gonna stick with it. There's no Trance scene here, so its going to be hard work - but we'll keep chipping away and I reckon we'll do it eventually. We had a group of four there last week right from when we opened, right until the very last tune. Their exact words were "We've loved tonight - every DJ has been superb, and all the different styles flowed well into each other. Nobody else in Coventry is doing this and its just what we need" - plus they gave us their email addresses and they offered to flyer and help promote the night, etc - so fair play to them. If we can find more people like that, it'll be just what we need.

make your rod as hard as steel!

I'd rather not in public to be honest :o lol

Sorry for the lateness of this reply, but this week has been a bit manic.

I really enjoyed travelling down to play for Inferno, there's definate potential with the night, if for nothing more than the guys running it know what they're doing. The venue has potential too & is nicely fitted out. The only thing holding the night back is the same thing that seems to affect every trance night in the Midlands & that's the distinct lack of any real scene. Gods & Passion dominate thru their years of being established brands & being able to book big names that any old beer boy recognises.

Persistence will pay off though lads, so all the best with future plans :thumbsup:

Archived