Yoji

Aza

Its seem Yoji is going through a bit of rebranding having officially annouced his name change from Yoji Biomehanika to Yoji. Not really much of a difference there since we already dropped the latter part. I think Tiesto pretty much did the same thing, although that was merely dropping the 'DJ' part of his name as we would never pronounce his real one!

It seems he (Yoji) is now focussing on relaunching himself and already has a few projects on the go, Techy Techy one of his recent(ish) tracks and now releasing on the 29th September, Tech Dance Euphoria.

Traditionally I am a fan of Euphoria's especially with the likes of Pearce's Transcendental and Total Euphoria's and Jules' Judgement Euphoria and Tried and Tested offerings, but they taken a bit of cheese approach of late and this looks certainly to counter this. I doubt there will be any of his creative, wild mixing, but hopefully the tracks will be awesome when the TL is announced. The CD is meant to be Past, Present and Future and here is the cover:

51yP2Ov4ewL._SS500_.jpg

I would be embarrassed to pick up the CD with that cover on the front, he is a weird looking fella ... but I do like the mans style so I look froward to hearing the tuneage. I only really got into his music after watching videos of him playing at Russia (the same event Jules played a while ago) and it was just full of energy! B)

I remember the stories about him jimmying on the technics once at Gods to alter the pitch control so he could play at a net speed of +20

nice, Yoji just playing another hard dance tune then.

Is it just me or does he look like an explosion in a Cyberdog factory. Most bizarre. He's like Pete Burns, only not as disastrous.

Agree with a lot of comments above, however, I for one admire his musical styles and most of all, technical abilities.

I once read about him cranking up the Technics too - lol :)

His technical skills remind me a lot of Eddie, who I think used to a play a few of his tunes, especially his collaborations with Scot Project under the guise, Arome.

His remix of Ligaya was awesome too.

Who says you need to pick up that cd to listen to it ;)

• 1 month later...

& I always thought that his name was telling Anny to get home - Be home Anika

On a serious note though, has anyone checked this album out? When I first listened I wasn't at all fussed. I think its a Euphoria thing in that they tell the DJ to limit your mixing and make it quick. The mixing is very limited and lacks the typical energy that Yoji usually applies.

On the other hand, the tracklisting is pretty decent and the tune that probably stuck out most for me was Konzert by Antonio & Vivildi - if anyone hasn't heard this try checking out a sample by clicking here. DJ Ghost has done a decent job on the First Rebirth too - a big fave tune of mine (here).

Fabio Stein's Techris has had a bit of rework and been signed to Hellhouse now too - great to see this featured on here and listening to this just makes me want to play the game!

The full tracklist is below:

Disc: 1

1. Narky Light - Remo Con

2. Shark Infested Waters - Dr. Willis

3. Have Faith - Vandall

4. It's Over - Vandall

5. Prototype - Remo Con

6. Airport - Yoji

7. Existence - Attrill, Scott

8. First Rebirth - DJ Ghost

9. Don't Wake Me From The Dream - Yoji

10. Synchronicity - Charlie G