Danny Rampling - out of retirement?

Briggsy

Has Danny Rampling decided to go back to DJ'ing? There's quite a few events coming up soon with him headlining, and he also released a DJ'ing book last month to help newcomers into DJ'ing, etc.

if so, it'd be interesting to hear what he's playing because House music in the form that he played is pretty dead these days - its all Electro nonsense - and I couldn't imagine him playing that.

It'd be nice to see him back though - he was one of the few House DJ's that I did like, and he was still on top form when he retired.

Radio 1's dance shows have gone backwards since he left too. That was when the dance shows seemed to struggle in my opinion. Seb Fontaine never filled the whole left by Danny, and Fontaine's replacements have struggled too.

Bring back the Lovegroove Dance Party and Jules's Friday show - complete with the tunes they played back then :P

Going to see him on friday night at the Gallery - hoping he plays classics really but yeah good point, no idea what he plays these days? You would think he would be out of the loop now....his last CD release was a classics one as well so we'll see.

I'll try and post a report up after the weekend, also playing are Tall Paul, Seb Fontaine, Mark Moore and a few others as part of the Ministry birthday weekend so hoping that I do hear a few old tunes :D

"Hi I'm Danny Rampling, leading international DJ"...errrr no you WERE about 15 years ago. Now you're someone who tried is hand at running a London Restaurant but didnt SUCCEED in it. So now you've returned to the DJ cash cow.

Cutting edge, leading international DJ to me is someone like Deadmau5, Sven Vath, Tiesto, Armin, or Pete Tong.

Oh, how many times does he say Success and Fastrack?

Douchebag.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think half of them would be around today to be honest. Jules, Rampling, Tong, Carl Cox, etc

These days, its all about production. It doesn't matter how much talent you've got on the decks (unless you have some stupendous amount of turntable talent such as Eddie or Dave Clarke), unless you can produce, you may aswell forget it now.

I've come across far better DJ's on internet forums such as this than there is inside the top 100 DJ's list - yet they'll never break through as 'big' DJ's.

haha - he wasnt much cop at the Gallery the other week, just played what I would dub 'Hed-Kandi' style house, to his credit he did smile and give it some behind the decks which is more than can be said for Tall Paul....such a shame he plays such plodding tunes these days, Seb was pretty decent but the highlight of the night was Mark Moore, playing loads of housed-up disco style tunes, maybe I'm just getting old and enjoy the 'older' style tunes more..... :P

The Honey Club has a 97-2000 classics night this weekend, I'm so there, should be a good one!!

It looks like Danny Rampling is officially out of retirement then - I saw an interview with him on Youtube, and he's confirmed he's coming back full time.

He's also given his Myspace a facelift too - and he's corrected his age on the profile too. It now says he's 99 years old :D

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=177396301

Archived