GatecrasherLovesNottingham presents Above & Beyond

• 2 weeks later...
Rather listen to TATW at least theres a bit more variety than their club sets which are essentially anjuna 99%

Exactly! Which is why I can't stand them. Every tune is Anjuna this, Anjuna that, and to be honest, if you've heard one tune on that label, you've heard them all because 95% of them all sound the same. Fairy nonsense with gay vocals about sky falling down and all that rubbish.

Exactly! Which is why I can't stand them. Every tune is Anjuna this, Anjuna that, and to be honest, if you've heard one tune on that label, you've heard them all because 95% of them all sound the same. Fairy nonsense with gay vocals about sky falling down and all that rubbish.

Sky falls down = low clouds = precipitation = rain.

Therefore if x(2-4x)/8 = 4a-2b, then clearly:

svWEATHER_wideweb__470x332,0.jpg

© A load of old bollocks, 2008 Quadrant Enterprises

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this a week late as I haven't had time until now to formulate a report.

It's the first time I've been to Crasher in Notts since it's launch. Held at the venue formerly known as Media, the club have a reputable venue already. Media was the home of Renaisance at is the venue at which my favourite Jules R1 mix (Bubblelove) was held. Having never been before I was expecting good things but was a bit confused upon entry to the club. As it ran 10-4 we didn't see the point in getting there before 11 so rocked up just before then and walked straight in.

The venue is somewhat confusing and the main room is set out on no less than three floors. The DJ booth is on the middle floor with the dancefloor in front about 10ft below and a floor above with sofas and a bar. The DJ booth itself is smack bang next to one of the bars and is side on to the middle floor. It seems a bit strange to me as it is theoretically disconnected from the third floor as it faces away from it and is way above the lower floor. I would be interested to see what DJ's think of it's positioning as Jules always seems to favour being right amongst it yet although this is within touching distance of the middle floor, upper and lower tiers seem like different rooms almost.

The lineup for the night only ever said Above & Beyond. I would love to know who the DJ was that warmed up for Above & Beyond as he was absolute toss. He spent half his set stood kicking his heels with his hands in is pocket and looked like he'd just done a day at the office and was in need of a nice cuppa and a night in front of the TV watching Emmerdale and celebrity trash programs. I don't think I've ever seen a DJ look so disinterested (apart from Adam Sheridan maybe!). If his mixing was tidy then maybe I'd have let him off but it wasn't. Mixes were going out all over the place and when Above & Beyond (represented by Paavo & Jono Grant on this occasion) turned up he decided to have a quick chat with them but kind of forgot he was in the middle of a mix that proceeded to completely fu*k up. He realised it had gone out but then spent ages trying to correct it manually by using the jog wheels. He didn't correct the pitch so therefore they just went straight back out again. I don't know who this guy was but he needs to go and sit under a tree and think about whether he actually gives a s***. I have scanned various forums and I have seen suggestions of Jaytech also being on the bill but noithing else. This guy was late 30's early 40's at a guess so not sure who he was. The bar staff and the lighting engineer (who stood next to him for 2hrs) didn't know who he was either.

Thankfully Paavo and Jono took over. They seemed to finish his set for him as nobody announced them during their first two mixes but then they stopped the record and annonced their arrival. Strange :huh: .

Very much enjoyed their set, which contained quite a few Anjuna classics as it was the album launch night. Their page on Dontstayin.com had asked for requests of tracks from the Anjuna library and a few of those were spun. I think the 'TUNE' posters that people had with them are a bit too retro and there were hilarious numbers of kids in there absolutely spangled wearing their Anjuna or Vandit T-shirts dancing like somebody having a fit. Kids these days have no rhythm in their groove ;):lol: .

The last DJ was fairly reasonable and cranked it up a bit for the last 1.5hrs. Can't go wrong with a bit of bosh and kept the masses stomping away until close of play at 4am.

Tracks played:

Oceanlab - Sirens of the Sea (Cosmic Gate Rmx)

Above & Beyond - Can't Sleep

Above & Beyond - Alone Tonight

Oceanlab - Satellite (Above & Beyond Rmx)

Simon Patterson - Smack

Tiesto - Lethal Industry (Richard Durand Rmx)

I have just done some more searching and found that some dude called Joe Napier was also playing. Looking at his photo I don't think we was the chap that played before Above & Beyond so maybe he played the bosh set (although his tracklist doesn't have some of the tracks I remember).

Joe Napier - Gatecrasher Loves Nottingham

1. Aber - Black Train

2. Aber - Black Icon

3. Dark Providers - Neo (Teramik Dub)

4. Allende - Tricky Waters

5. Monogato - Skunk

6. Mr Pit - Shana (Duderstadt Progressive Dub)

7. Mandal Bros - Fallin'

8. Chris Lake - Only One

9. Marco V & Sander Van Doorn - Organic

10. Artento Divini - Reflex (Jochen Miller Remix)

11. Sander Van Doorn - Apple (Marcus Schossow Remix)

12. Offer Nissim feat Maya - For Your Love (Sied Van Riel Mix)

Anyway, even though the first DJ was toss, the night was pretty good all in all. Back again in late Nov for Jules & Eddie! Have my ticket already. Whoop.

Archived