Just as I thought....

Briggsy

Taken from Jules's diary this week:

During the week I’d been busy in the studio on Ableton Live, preparing a new batch of bootlegs to include in this autumn’s sets. My ‘Tainted Love’ and ‘White Stripes’ bootlegs proved such valuable dj ammunition in the summer that a couple of further outings seemed like a must. It’s useful to have version excursions that no other dj has got, and during the week I’d prepared a mash up of Ali Wilson’s ‘Shakedown’ with Dizzee Rascal’s ‘Dance wiv me’, which went down superbly at The Syndicate.

So as I thought, its looking like Jules plays all these dodgy bootlegs just to have some 'exclusivety' in his sets. Personally, i'd rather he ditched them and played tunes that other DJ's are playing them.

Besides, if other DJ's aren't playing these bootlegs that Jules is playing, there's obviously a reason for it.........

Besides, if other DJ's aren't playing these bootlegs that Jules is playing, there's obviously a reason for it.........

I agree brother, I couldn't even imagine the likes of Sander, Durand, Corsten or even Armin play them doggy bootlegs produced by Jules especially the terrible "Tainted Love", nor could I imagine any half respectable Dj playing or even requesting them bootlegs....

I wouldn't be surprised either if Jules made a bootleg of the Postman Pat song with "Laid Bare" and a touch of Arnej "They Always Come Back" :lol: :lol:

These tracks are nothing more than something to make the chavs go "I know this one".

Exactly! They're novelty reaction bootlegs. I don't mind Jules using them in his more commercial, smaller, gigs - but they're never gonna go down well at Gatecrasher, Godskitchen and the festivals. Unfortunately, this is where he seems to play them most.

Bootlegs are generally rubbish, there will be maybe one in a hundred that works, granted some of them work really well but so many of them are just awful.

I can think of no more than about 10 that I've ever really played

I agree that the Tainted Love and most of the other recent booties Jules have made this year have been disrespectful to the originals.

Go back to 2001 and the Essential Relief. Jules battled Fatboy Slim with three homemade bootlegs, which I think were much better than those dodgy ones he makes these days.

Mauro Picotto vs Shirley Bassey - Baguette vs. Big Spender

Hi Gate vs Marilyn <--- not as good as the other two...imho

Da Hool vs Human League - The Love Parade vs. Don't You Want Me

It's like these three (specially the latter) were put together with a rough edge, but still kept the energy... not like the 7 Nation Army booty which totally kills the flow...

my 5 cent

with bootlegs it depends on whose making them i think. Dirty South makes some great bootlegs, if you ever get the chance to see him, i'd strongly recommend it (he was ace a while back at Ministry) because he knows all about keys and that production-y sorta stuff. So, he knows what vocals compliment various instrumentals etc. With Jules it seems to be, bung whats current pop wise, over a house track. No other thought. I'd rather he "Remade" tunes rather than mash them up. If he wants to play "Dance Wiv Me" why not make a Sharp Boys style house track and sample it?

I see from the BBC Radio 1 website that Markus is due to co-host a Friday night show with Jules in a couple of weeks. Should be interesting as Jules has never really supported Schulz in my opinion. Although he did play the Agnelli and Neilson remix of "Perfect"

I agree that Markus has some cracking edits/bootlegs

"markus schulz big room reconstruction" as he refers to them :lol:

Strange about Marcus since Jules doesn't really like the proggy sound of Schulz.

Strange choice indeed brother. According to BBC Radio 1 website, Schulz is due to co-host the show on October 24th.

Diversification....on behalf of Jules...some of Markus sets that I have heard recently have been quite good..

I see from the BBC Radio 1 website that Markus is due to co-host a Friday night show with Jules in a couple of weeks. Should be interesting as Jules has never really supported Schulz in my opinion. Although he did play the Agnelli and Neilson remix of "Perfect"

They'd arranged that months ago - shortly after Jules was sent Arnej - They Always Come Back. The deal was the Jules did a guest mix for Markus's radio show, and in return, Markus would do a co-host on Jules's show.

I think Jules's guest mix on Markus's show happened a while ago now though (well, about 2 months ago).

There was a mention a long time ago on here about a 'rumour' of Markus co-hosting the show. May have been yourself Briggsy, but my memory does not span far enough to remember.

Yeah I dropped a strong hint a few months ago but I don't think I actually named him outright because I'd have been shot if the word had got round properly lol.

Taken from Jules's diary this week:

During the week I’d been busy in the studio on Ableton Live, preparing a new batch of bootlegs to include in this autumn’s sets. My ‘Tainted Love’ and ‘White Stripes’ bootlegs proved such valuable dj ammunition in the summer that a couple of further outings seemed like a must. It’s useful to have version excursions that no other dj has got, and during the week I’d prepared a mash up of Ali Wilson’s ‘Shakedown’ with Dizzee Rascal’s ‘Dance wiv me’, which went down superbly at The Syndicate.

So as I thought, its looking like Jules plays all these dodgy bootlegs just to have some 'exclusivety' in his sets. Personally, i'd rather he ditched them and played tunes that other DJ's are playing them.

Think jules played his new mashup 2nite on his show, and I was pleasantly surprised with it if it was his!! :o best one he's done out of the last few for sure!!

Archived